Latest Art Work

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

When one door closes, the other opens

There has been a saying, “when one door closes, the other opens”. But how does one know what lies ahead in the next door?
- Channel U Feature Film "Lost and Found"

How clichéd I felt the lines. And I told cL that nobody in their common sense will keep the expired chocolate for 3 years (why 3 years.....) even if it is the last gift your loved one gave you because of the moss it will attract. But what if it really is the last gift someone dear to you gave you?

And I have to agree it is a conflicting situation when I was searching for my jewellery pliers and a broken bracelet dropped out. I had wanted to learn bead jewellery for fun then. Maybe because I was given 2 pairs of handmade earrings which I really like. Not many people know the types of earrings I prefer and many had gotten it wrong. I never did tell cL that I did try to wear the pair she gave me, but it never fails to cause me a ear infection that I had to give up. As I was looking at my accessories to think what I want to bring over for this trip, I saw a missing pair which was given by a dear jc mate, whose death anniversary is coming soon. I saw a pair given by Capricorn friend eons ago when we were still young and innocent. I saw cL’s pair, my latest earring gift. Hmm somehow I seem to have lost a pair which I bought before and had lost one in Europe which probably was the reason why cL thought of buying me a pair of earrings (other than the fact she had chosen a butterfly motif that will never go wrong actually). I seem to have lost the other pair as well. Hmm pity as I wanted to replicate it when I can gather the materials. And I saw the pair my mum gave me from Africa which I lost one of it in the Great Ocean Road roadtrip haha. I have to admit I have a tendency to lose earrings. As I was typing this article, I suddenly had a wisp of a faint faraway memory where I lost my earring in some carpark and Capricorn friend and I had went back to search it after a meal or something. Amazingly I managed to find it back. But I seem to recall that we came to conclude that earrings are meant to be lost. Haha. And thus that was probably the only pair which was found… hmm unfortunately I don’t remember which pair that was.

So once again I stared at the 2 pairs of handmade earrings and the broken bracelets.. and once again I concluded that the earrings were not at fault and are still good to use. But the bracelets ought to be kept away so that they will not drop out from nowhere to trigger my memory again. Because indeed by keeping them into that box which I could not bear to discard, I did the irresistible of peeking at the last card and triggered the chain reaction of reading right to the start. Amazingly because there wasn’t much to begin with, thus it did not take me too long to reach the beginning. Ya somehow I do wonder if neglect was the main reason but at the same time I don’t think I really felt neglected. Or maybe I just got used as I am busy myself too. This is why I do think at times, I am suitable for LDR because I can just block certain matters and just get busy with my own stuff. But my friend reminded me that if two people start to live a separate life, then they would one day see no need to be together. And then the reason to bind them would be lost. Hmm I guess she makes sense too.

And back to the broken bracelet, so why does one keep a broken bracelet? Or for my case I think I have 2 although I was supposed to have 3 (I think I did throw the first one away that time. Sometimes I wish I have my brother's guts to clear excess baggages). Coz ya, I keep breaking bracelets no matter how many times he promised that the next pair would be more sturdy. Maybe it was never meant to be. It is like the broken promise he made when I asked if one day I really did let go, what he will do. Is funny that the broken bracelet appeared on my last day in SG in 2010.. because on xmas day, due to my new blackberry phone (I’m grateful for my TA for fighting for us to get new phones and it was indeed a lovely xmas gift from her) I managed to install what’s app and since I linked it to my personal line, he had appeared in the list. But he did not respond to my xmas greetings. Although I wasn’t disappointed then, re-triggering did make me think about the situation again and I can’t help feeling sad that he had once requested not to lose the friendship at the initial stages before we were a couple, and yet at this stage, we still lost the friendship that we had build over the years.

Anyway at the same time I concluded to make a mental note never to give people food stuff as gifts because you never know what will happen next and cause them such a dilemma. At least broken bracelets do not cause moss.

p/s: I lost my personal sim card. I was packing up the remnants and was searching for my personal sim card to install in my nokia fone and realised, it had gone missing. Made a call to citibank immediately as my pin number is linked to it. Not too sure what other impact I may have. But I do wonder, why did I realize I lose my personal sim card only just 8 hours before flight? Judging the situation, I decided I will get an iphone 4 the moment I touched down Singapore a month later and get a new sim card replacement at the same time. But I wonder, had fate showed me the new door?

pp/s: Do you know that 北极熊 was the male protagonist in the film?



寂寞寂寞就好
詞: 施人誠 曲: 楊子樸 編曲: 鍾興民

還是原來那個我 不過流掉幾公升淚所以變瘦
對著鏡子我承諾 遲早我會還這張臉一堆笑容

不算什麼 愛錯就愛錯
早點認錯 早一點解脫

我寂寞寂寞就好 這時候誰都別來安慰擁抱
就讓我一個人去痛到受不了 想到快瘋掉
死不了就還好

我寂寞寂寞就好 你真的不用來我回憶裡微笑
我就不相信我會笨到忘不了 賴著不放掉
人本來就寂寞的 借來的都該還掉
我總會把你戒掉

還是原來那個你 是我自己做夢你有改變什麼
再多的愛也沒用 每個人有每個人的業障因果

會有什麼 什麼都沒有
早點看破 才看得見以後

我寂寞寂寞就好 這時候誰都別來安慰擁抱
就讓我一個人去痛到受不了 想到快瘋掉
死不了就還好

我寂寞寂寞就好 你真的不用來我回憶裡微笑
我就不相信我會笨到忘不了 賴著不放掉
人本來就寂寞的 我總會把你戒掉

0 comments: