Latest Art Work

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Faulpez makes breadcrumbs


Materials:
• 6 slices white or whole wheat bread
• Chef's knife
• Microwave-safe container
• Plastic zip-top bag

1. Cube the bread into uniform 2-inch cubes. (or whichever dimension you prefer)
2. Microwave on high power for 5 minutes, or until crunchy.
3. Pour the hardened bread cubes into the zip-top bag. Seal the bag, and using your hands or a meat mallet, crush the cubes into bread crumbs.
4. Store the bread crumbs in the zip-top bag away from air and light, or use them immediately.

Reference: ehow

I had wanted to deep fry my chicken without the flour. And thus I decided to make breadcrumbs on my own. It probably is the first and last time making breadcrumbs. I remember years ago, I made oreo cheesecake and was doing the oreo base, it was exactly the same experience - extremely challenging to crush them without the proper equipment. At least back then, I could have tried the pounder. This time, I ended up using my bare fingers to crush them and now my fingers hurt haha.

0 comments: