Latest Art Work

Saturday, December 04, 2010

kä-tər

I came online for a reason. To figure out who won the world cup 2022 bid. Because I could not recognise the country. Then I realised, hmm it is Qatar, an Arab country which I do know, just that I probably pronounced it wrongly for so many years. It should be pronounced as \ˈkä-tər, ˈgä-, ˈgə-; kə-ˈtär\

I saw snippets of the Australia video bid for it. And they were very excited to win the bid (well these are true blue sports fanatics..). So they were naturally very upset when they lost.

Then people started to say there is something not so clear-cut going behind the bidding process. If it is true, then maybe something ought to be done and not saying we should not bid the next round right?

I mean taking Slice of Life story today on Asking Questions, shouldn't we ask how we can improve this and thus when the next black horse win, we are more convinced that it was a worthy fight and we had lost legitimately. And then we can be a good sportsman too and congratulate the winners.

cL, I know England lost the 2018 bid, so what are your thoughts on it?

Attached is the Slice of Life story on.. ASKING QUESTIONS!


p/s: Sighz, was ASKING my friend how's his company after some major 'betrayal' (eh in some sense, I actually expected it and I can only say survival of the fittest so cannot blame the other party also).. then learnt his personal just went into a mess too. What is exactly wrong with the kids these days??? I remember I was actually quite impressed with this friend whom initially I had a bad impression.. till one day he made me drink tea with him to resolve some internal strife that my colleague had with another lady. (You know even though I'm a female, I do find females very troublesome too, no matter how hard I try, I cannot resolve their internal strife when I was there and I got so tired, I quit because no more energy left... I was also managing other stuff then.. ) After that, I saw another side of boss and I remember I blogged about it here... sigh 4 months had gone by and things changed again... no surprise i guess..

0 comments: