Latest Art Work

Friday, December 03, 2010

Hermit

You know how much I love cL because she never fails to challenge me into a word duel. Just recently I was reflecting on solitude and she immediately commented:

you mentioned just now - you are a hermit..but how do u define it? hermits dun care about their friends anymore - they isolate themselves from the surroundings..I checked dictionary.com to challenge you -
1. a person who has withdrawn to a solitary place for a life of religious seclusion.
2. any person living in seclusion; recluse.

What can I say? I replied the first thing that came out from my head... I'm a hermit in emotions but my reflex action tends to do the exact opposite. Just recently on my way back from Sydney, I ended up talking to an Iran lady throughout the entire journey (about an hour which I had actually planned to sleep in prep for tomorrow's working day) all because initially she was unsure if she was waiting at the right place and whether she need to show them her ticket. And I told her when I was in Melbourne, they only scan my ticket when I was about to board the plane (which is actually scary but this is another story to be told another day). And later on in the plane, we realised we were seated besides each other and thus ignited the conversation. cL had asked me if I exchanged contact (like she did) but I told her the lady has friends in Melbourne and don't seem too lost so I don't see the need to. I did exchange my contact once with a Filipino lady because she seemed so lost I was worried for her. But later on I had moved to Melbourne and thus was unable to meet up with her in SG at all either. Hmm I hope she is fine.

In the end cL concluded I'm not a hermit, just anti social. Bingo I guess. For someone who know me for such a short time frame, she can pretty much figured me out. And she knows that I don't like to answer certain questions but she will still try her luck haha. Gal, I can only tell you, messenger means more to me than anything now and thus I'm not going to bother about any other things. But ya, I really cannot fathom these people lately. Just the other day, a friend told me that long D r/s isn't that easy. Her friend's bf had went USA for only a couple of months and now that he's back, she had grown from missing him initially to ignoring him now. And they already had a flat proposal already. It makes me wonder why is it always at the point where you can actually finally see the silver lining, yet you must choose to destroy it seconds before the silver lining appears. Then all those waiting had been in vain?

Anyway I was seeing a colleague's fb and chanced upon a photo for cL to see (u have seen it and thus it has self destruct). You can email me to guess why I wanted to share it with you. No worries, I will reply that haha.

Talking about this colleague, after 2 years, he is finally saying sayonara to Melbourne. This month, more and more people are going back for xmas, or rolling off the project. And the empty seats are making me wonder, if I really should stay here or not still. Supposedly given 3 choices, worldwide, oz, sg. Truth is, do I really have a choice? Worldwide is too vague and too risky. Staying in oz, I worry I may lose my sanity. And back in SG, I probably will never grow up. Hmm.. why did GA brought me here? To learn to be independent? To learn how to cook?

Yawnz, my barley has finished boiling. I want to sleep already having shopped for the whole evening. Haha Adidas was having a 40% off storewide and thus there were some very good buys. More shopping during the weekends. I'm not a shopping person but being a bit too lazy to jog lately, shopping with xL is probably the best way to do more exercise already. And it is interesting to shop with xL because I get to observe a lot of interesting behaviour and see pretty gals which is my top favourite activity haha. Besides here is not SG where I have friends who will bring me see nature mah hahaha.

0 comments: