Latest Art Work

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Faulpez makes cold noodles


Cold soba noodles was the first dish I really learn to cook (i.e. I bother to check internet) other than maggi mee. It was probably the only dish I made for my brother and another person too. I still remember them saying it was pretty yummy haha. Not that this simple dish could go too wrong I guess. I just need to cook the noodles, freeze it. Then mix the soba sauce with cold water, taste till acceptable and pour it on the noodle. Add the seaweed last.


And I was checking my past pensieve on it... Simple Beauty.. That was also a week where my parents went for holidays and I was home alone. The first time that happened, I was really home alone as my brother was in NS even. Hmm that time nothing much happened as it was just washing clothes, cooking my dinner and playing maple story I think. Hmm I remember I over boiled my kettle and probably almost lost a life if I had not been too careful? haha.. should be the second time.. in other words, I think I did get into a different kind of trouble the first time too as I remember mum saying it really is not safe to leave me with the house haha)  This time, my brother was around which was why I had to cook for him and which was why he actually praised my simple dish haha. Anyway while reading that month postings, I realised hmm, that was the year cL and I got to be close friends? Hmm.. hahha I don't have any recollection. 2009 seems so faraway. Those stuff I post, I somehow can only muster some faintest idea what rubbish I was talking about.

BUT there was this part where I talk about French Toast. Cool cos I think I succeed in doing that in Melbourne haha. Actually other than those 2 times where I was home alone, I guess Melbourne is the only time I was home alone for a much longer period. And the only time I really had to enjoy this simple beauty for an extended period. Imagine going to work, washing clothes, ironing clothes, cooking, for the past 3 months. Once again I did skip the cleaning part oops. Haha. And for 2011, I think I still like to indulge in this simple beauty for a while more. Still remember in 看破權勢離開明教,過著神仙般的生活 I mentioned

"Thinking back, it has been several years since I first know that girl. I still remember the scene vividly. Several years later, though we never really meet, I still get to hear her news. In a way, as a long lost acquaintance, I'm so glad for her. Just as I'm glad for the other who has left for Japan. Seems that I know quite a few people uprooting themselves. I know I will never do that, but sometimes, just sometimes, I wish I could be reckless. Afterall Xun Lan also left Japan for a year to forget Da Di Ge. "

I'm surprised to be reminded that I once felt I will never do that and yet here I am in Melbourne (though I do fly back pretty regularly and I know I cannot stay here for too long due to the visa issue and thus lessen any homesick impact). Sometimes fate can be so quirky. Anyway I did fulfil the first four words of "看破權勢離開明教,過著神仙般的生活"... now I'm waiting to fulfil the rest...

0 comments: