Latest Art Work

Thursday, December 02, 2010

December Muses

Muse 1:
Re-read my Pilgrimage article due to some reasons...
Philos is love in the form of friendship. It’s what I feel toward you and others. When the flame of eros stops burning, it is philos that keeps a couple together.

But I found out when eros ended, there wasn't philos left. I have not finished "Cupid Stupid".. because I find it stupid. And yet I had to watch it coz I really wanted to try to absorb as much canto as possible. And cos is a Virgo gal facing a Capricorn guy and a Sagittarius guy. I don't like the ending anyway (eh I skipped to the ending haha).. Because the Capricorn guy gave up. And the Virgo gal thought it was destiny to be with the Sagittarius guy. But if the Capricorn guy persisted, maybe all 3 will be in turmoil. Actually I can understand the Capricorn guy actions. Because I'm not a fighter too. Since I'm not capable of giving the best, why should I deny them the best they can get. But sometimes, just sometimes, I wondered I had avoided eros to maintain philos and yet reflecting now, I still lost the friendships. Had I done something wrong?

Muse 2:
I felt blessed lately. xL cooked my lunch for me as I came back from Sydney very late. And I did not want to spend money having been penalized 25 AUD for a stupid mistake in my checkin. Then Yi helped me apply for cash advancement for my course fees which I'm paying first. But I felt really blessed because Doc really played a good host when I was in Sydney. Although seriously speaking, the first 2 days I really could fail Doc's tour guide skills haha (I wonder if my tour guide skills will fail or not if I had to bring friends around in SG?). But the fact that Doc managed to squeeze some time on Monday and spent some thought in where to have dinner unlike the last 2 days totally surprised me haha.

Muse 3:
"Sometimes I wonder if a child believes in Santa Claus, should you tell her the truth or should you just let her believe it forever or figure it out herself one day?" - Past pensieve
Had to find back this post cos Doc said I did something wrong that day. I couldn't remember what I did (usual) but after reading this post, I remembered it had to do with mum reading my postcard and I may have been abit irritated. But I cannot remember the contents. What I do remember is from then onwards, whatever I write on postcards, I made sure it is meant for public eyes. But I digress. I saw this line and I remembered just the previous trip back in SG, I did my zoo duty. And this little girl was picking leaves for the caterpillar to eat. As you may know, caterpillars are definitely not what the story book Hungry Caterpillar depicts. Caterpillars are fussy eaters and thus all her leaves were picked in vain. But as I look at her earnest face, I couldn't break the news that Mr caterpillar would not eat her leaves. So we put the caterpillar on the leave and profusely said thank you to her. So I guess I answered this question 2.5 years later, that I actually will not break the news. BUT that is because I saw the other party's face. Which is why sometimes I do feel technology isn't the best communication tool still. Face to face is still the best.
Hmm well if that time I knew of this scene, I would have blogged this scene and not blogged about Santa Claus. Kena suan for saying I believed in GA but not in Santa. Which reminds me.. Santa is coming soon heehee.. I still have my Santa's letter from Myer... still wondering should I write on it.. 很舍不得.

Muse 4:
And with arrival of Santa means it is the end of the year which is why I'm doing some self-reflection (a bit early perhaps). I didn't realise it has been 2 plus years since I did my lasik. Haha I still remembered how it was the first time I understood what blindness meant. And how vision impaired really feels. Or that everytime I drive at night, I became extra careful. And I remembered my NUS junior did hers last year too. And how much agony she had (she did have some serious effects). And yet this year, technology once again improved and it is no longer painful. Sigh sometimes medical advancement is so fast, but why.. why is it not accessible enough still.
I also remembered about the retrenchment. And how after that I changed my life a lot. I probably travelled a lot searching for an answer. I grew lost and aimless at times. VSO rejection changed my path totally and brought me to Mel, a place I never ever thought about actually. It probably changed my life significantly too because I can only cook when mum is not around and now, mum is really not by my side. And days after I arrived, I had to face my birthday alone. It was actually the first time and I was telling myself, good chance to start to be accustomed. And with the year coming to an end, I am wondering how long do I want to be here? Partly it is subjected to the project, but boss did gave us 3 choices too. Whether we want to travel the world, stay in oz or work off-site back in home. And I have not given my answer (none of us had haha.. coz still waiting for busy PM to consolidate). The thing is travel the world is not a suitable option for me due to the work I'm accustomed too. No matter what, I'm still more of a supplier/logistics person and this company has too many projects dealing with customers instead. So.. what should I choose?

Hmm xmas is coming.. just felt this article was coming at the right time...

0 comments: