Latest Art Work

Friday, June 18, 2010

Telesales


Sales is not my cup of tea. But the first time I tried it, I was just being curious. The second time, I did not know how to reject. And thus I'm in such a situation where I get abused daily, and trust me, I think direct sales is better. Maybe it is because these people can do a detour if they don't want you to approach them. But in telesales, you have already invaded their privacy space by calling them.

Of course I will think back situations where I am the recipient. And thus, I never once am pushy to these people. It is always the typical "Hi, I'm from XX representing YY and YY would like to offer you product ZZ". What I expect from these recipients would be just a simple "No thank you" or "Yes please go on". And I never asked much if you indicated you are not interested though I might probe if you did reply me you did not qualify to understand why you were rejected (and it did meant you once tried it).

So I don't expect to get nasty remarks... do I? Maybe the invent of handphone is also a necessary evil. It has in the first place become a tool used for people to constantly be reached. And thus when strangers could reach you too, you get the feeling that you had been intruded. Of course past experience do play a part too. I once met a caller who tried to use humour miserably on me. While I understand the boredom of repeating the lines 300 times a day NOW, but as a recipient, I cannot understand the funny angle. And thus as I had always been taught, humour can only be used subjectively.

Anyway hoping to get out of it soon before I start getting nightmares. I haven't been sleeping much anyway.

p/s: I know I wrote wrongly but too lazy to scan the drawing and redo the effects..
haha.. it should be 脱离苦海. Guess I was too miserable to be hardworking to check my Chinese then.

0 comments: