Latest Art Work

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Donation

Out of curiosity, I spend time and effort to really learn more about sales.  I have friends who say I'm wasting my time and asking me to quit.  I have friends who respect that I just wanted to learn another skill set.  For all the responses I get, one thing is general at the moment, that even friends are not convinced to be regular donors.  What more strangers whom we just meet on the streets.  Why would they be more willing to donate?

Then my ex-colleague's advice comes into my mind. Do not succumb to do the wrong thing.  I took on this job to help create an awareness that cardiovascular disease is the number 1 killer and Singapore Heart Foundation really need the generous donations as they are 100% publicly funded.  I really don't want to be stressed or tempted by the number games. I want to stay true to my objective because only by adhering strictly to this objective, then I will believe I am closer to my dream. :)

But how long can I last? The mind is a powerful tool, yet I must know my true love, my true dream, and I know I don't share the same dream as these people. So how do I strike a balance with these people? That's when I saw this email today - What God Wants?

Some shave hair, some grow hair for God.
Some give incense, some give flowers to God.
Food, gold, money, does God really wants this?
"Helping Hands are better than Praying Lips"
All God wants is
Food to the hungry
Money to educate someone and encourage the needy
Time spent to volunteer

It was never between God and us, it was always between people and people.  That's what God wants, for us to help each other.

I have a friend who wants me to just donate the amount of money and quit the job.  I refuse.  Because at the end of the day, I did not let more people know about Singapore Hearts Foundation.  And I did not find more regular donor who can actually help together raise more money for Singapore Hearts Foundation. One man's effort is limited. Which is why I will continue this as long as I can in hope to spread the word. But one thing to bear in mind, I must not get lost and corrupted.

Thus I don't wish to talk more about the company, to know more take a look at this site.

0 comments: