Latest Art Work

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Aftermath of Europe Trip

(Specially written personal pensieve)

The trip came to an end and all in all, I really enjoyed myself. This trip is probably a breakthrough for me as it is the first time I travelled for so many days.

The souvenirs from Eurail were lovely too. Except I think it did not ask me to state CL address so her souvenir came to my house too.. Sigh, she has left for UK else it would have come useful for her. Posting the photos for you to see gal!



I know I mentioned I did not want to go back Brussels.. but while researching Italy, I realised they have a Maasmechelen Village Outlet shopping at Genk Station. Maybe I should go back there again? Haha for shopping? Okok.. I better drop that idea as I'm super broke now.


Lastly I'm thankful that I had an accommodating companion who at least share similar interests with me. When she left for UK, her friend said I lost a travelling mate. Haha but I only travelled with her once. I do like this companion as at least we don't waste time shopping much. Probably the reason I don't like packaged tours... They are filled with shopping centres sigh. Anyway even if I do miss her, knowing her, I know she has been too many trips with other friends to miss me haha.. So I should instead realised what I replied her friend - guess I just have to find another friend (or I will just tour alone.. Used to it already.)

Next trip: Italy!

p/s: While planning my Italy trip, I recounted back my past trips.
Japan, Tokyo: I had my long time friend to bring me around for the first few days and only ventured out on my own on the last day. It was my first tour alone made possible because my relationship status changed that time and my parents kind of indulged in me. It was probably the start of wanting more of such freedom...

Taiwan, Taipei: I had QR loaned me his planning. And I did not venture very far out of Taipei other than Taoyuan on one day. Relatively did stick to my planning though changed a lot last minute. Yupz I should bear that into consideration that Italy probably will be the same too.

Japan, Osaka-Tokyo: This was easy, just follow the tour guide. But too much shopping.

Thailand, Bangkok: Planning all in BKK so once again not too much of a headache. The embassy gave me a map too so did not get too lost. Pretty fun actually.. plus I get to see my friend working there haha..

Europe: Yupz as mentioned, my biggest breakthrough. And currently my favourite tour trip.
So Italy.. I believed would be just as good.. the weather is fine there.. just one word of caution.. Please be vigilant!

Europe travelog:
Part 0: Off to find my White Xmas
Part 1: Frankfurt
Part 2: Amsterdam
Part 3: Brussels
New Age Santa at work - Merry Christmas to you!
Part 4: Luxembourg
Part 5: London
Happy New Year 2010!

0 comments: