Latest Art Work

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Boys Over Flower Final Thoughts

Source: Spazzes

Boys over flower. 꽃보다 남자 (Geokkbottahnamja). Hana yori dango. Lethal poison to me. To finish the show in 1 week. To subject myself to the pain and suffering of a guardian angel's love. (Happen to glimpse through my last tarot card reading, 5 days of sadness. Did it refer to this?)

It is the third time HYD dealt me with such a blow. It got so bad I wanted QR to recommend me a song... any song to take away my addiction of BOF. But my plea was ignored. Not that I blame him because I chose to shut myself down this whole week too. Any topics on work, run.. anything that I have to answer, I just ignored completely. (죄송합니다 [Jo-eh-song-hap-ni-da] to all.. CL, W, and esp QR.. because I think you got things to tell me but I just couldn't bring myself to be online. I can only wish you good luck...)

Pain, everything seems painful to me. My own undoing as I let myself so deeply immersed into JH's role. I don't even know how I wrote this post.. after the phone call to ask about his updates, all I felt was more pain that my tone became bitter. Because my friend had unknowingly touched on the painful scenes of JH and made me recall what JH said... Funnily, he was relating his own relationship problem.

Asperger Syndrome
Source: Wiki
Somewhat similar to autism, somewhat different.
It seems to be an illness that JH was suffering from when his world collapsed and he was blamed for the death of his parents which was actually a cover-up of a terrorist attack.
When my friend mentioned it, he told me harshly that I can continue my "so" theory but he will still be worried for his dearest. He was seeing from a different view from me; no surprise as usual. But I cannot wipe out JH's image when he mentioned it, I cannot forget the solemn eyes, lost puppy image, the lonely pained figure of JH as he struggled through his troubled childhood.

Different world
Indeed the female and male lead are from different society worlds. But it is also true that they are standing at the same place seeing the same view. Same view, I guess is the crucial key for all couples. So that a couple can come together and build a path together. Different view will only cause diversions.

水獭或美人鱼

I did not know what 水獭 (tǎ) referred to. Luckily I had Spazzes. (Although she is a JP rooter, but from her I learn new phrases e.g. OTP - One True Pairing, and certain observations that I missed out on my own.. plus we share same sentiments on certain scenes which I feel the majority feels the same way bah haha.)

Otter, a cute creature who is hardworking and famous for the dams they make.

But Jandi asked Ji Hoo why she cannot be a mermaid instead.. Ji Hoo said mermaid's ending is an unhappy one. She will turn into a bubble in the end.... a bubble that floats up into the sky and become an air fairy. And towards the end, when JP totally forgot her, JH reminded her again that is the reason why she cannot be mermaid. Because mermaid never have a "and they lived happily ever after." ending.

When they discussed about 水獭或美人鱼, I pondered long and hard. Why, why of all storybook characters, I fell in love with Hans Christian Anderson's The Little Mermaid. Was it pre-destined? Was it my choice? Was it destiny? Pain surged through my heart when I am in that emotional state, but I see more clearly about my future when I'm in the logical state. I don't know if it is good or bad but I can never forget logic even in my most emotional state... and I can always become emotional at my most logical state. Yin and Yang, they exist for a purpose, to be in equilibrium.

Pure Heart 19

Oh this one is a hapy scene though.. as in when I saw it.. and the car-washing scene, there is some déjà vu feeling. Haha, because it felt like watching Ju Xiang in Pure Heart 19. Seems like Koo Hye Sun is quite adept with such roles.

Bridge of Waterfall?



I like this scene a lot. Tried googling where it was filmed but as of now, still unable to get an answer. If I visit Korea again, I want to visit this place. And I really hope to go back Korea because I want to go Jeju island... and I want to see Teddy Bear Musuem still. Goong's addiction still resides and BOF did rekindle it too.

Greed
EJ's first love taught me that to be a guardian angel to the one you love, you must not have greed. She once wanted to love EJ in his way but she turned greedy and it turned painful.

But then sometimes you have to be a teeny bit greedy like JK to have at least one memory to cherish (the flats). Though will she ever wear the flats hmm...

Regrets
Wind cannot come back to where it just blown. EJ's first love said that to him.

And GE once told EJ that there is only one life and you should be responsible to it. Probably why she had to thank EJ for giving her a chance to say her feelings. At least she will not have any regrets. Yes, at least, there will be no regrets. It only hurts if you are greedy and wanted an ending like GE's.

Handkerchief
The worst kind of encounter is when you are choosing fishes. After buying the fish, your hand still retains the fishy stench. You will still remember how fishy (bad) this encounter is.

The most cautious encounter is flower gazing. When it blooms, it leaves a wonderful fragrance,
but it will withers. And all that is left is the pangs of longing and the memories of the wonderful fragrance you once sniffed.

The most beautiful encounter is like using the handkerchief. In tough times, it is there to wipe your sweat. In sad times, it is there to wipe your tears.

A handkerchief-like meeting sounds so melancholic though. Still remember the first time JH cleaned JD's flour covered face. Still remember JD refusing to wipe her tears with JD's hanky because she felt her eyes got too reliant to be wiped by him and thus, became overly teary.

爱情是欲望而实现
Jaekyung told Ji Hoo that the two of them were not ambitious enough. Thus they never managed to win over the other party's heart. Ambitious and greed, do they share the same strategy? JP refused to backed down no matter how hurt JD was. It was part ambitious, part selfish, part greed. It was also part knowing what you need, what you really need. It was like a child knowing what toy he wants and that he will refuse to give it up because once he give up, he knows he will cry. We were once a child too. We once knew what we really wanted. And we still know what we really wanted.

“You don’t know how much I wished that the J♥J inscription stood for Jandi and Ji Hoo.”
Likewise, JK knew what she wanted too.

But why, why did what you know you want cannot be the same with what you can have. Why are you unable to be like that child once, to insist on what you want? JH once asked JP if what he want will give the girl only pain, will he let go. And JP said never. QR, if you are reading this, do you know what your answer will be. Do you know why I chose that tone when I talked about responsibility. Do you know why you got offended?

Actually to think back, I regretted calling you because I know I said some stuff that if rewound, I rather not say aloud. My stupid emotions. And yet I resisted the urge to scold you, because I couldn't figure out a JP or a JH's love is a better way of loving JD. Even though HYD ended with a "they lived happily ever after" ending, but that is show. And in the show, even GE managed to get her happy ending. But in reality, if we tried and failed, can we really face the consequences of seeing the hurt we caused the other party? How much can we weathered, how much can the other party withstand, how sure are we when this is reality.

Anyway I can only say you must really believe that love overcomes all. Only with this tenacious belief, would you be able to weather and withstand. If you cannot be like JP and stay steadfast, then you can only become like JH and be a guardian angel. And ultimately, whether it is a JP or JH type of love, it is still love and to have experienced such a love might be considered a blessing to JD.

Real man
Just because one is born a man, it doesn’t mean he is a real man.
Losing is regrettable, backing off is unfair, running away is embarrassing.
Because you have to accumulate those trials to overcome your weak self to become a real man.

The nanny said that to JP... felt it was quite meaningful. Hmm..

Amnesia
Because it is too painful already so after the brain shut down, it totally forgets this particular memory. Thinking in technological way, it means after the server restarted, it forgot to restart some of the services haha.

Hmm and for me I shall continue to think about Prince doctor aka Ji Hoo aka Kim Hyun-joong. Darnz, why do I always root for Gurdian Angel characters... A sudden thought flash into my mind as I write the closing... maybe JK is the mermaid... and JH is the merman....

2 comments:

QR said...

after reading, I still do not get the point.. maybe i m tired at the moment.. but still wont say i understand fully what u mean by ur words...

QR said...

last but not least... asperger syndrome.. i got to know of this lately too but not because of ur blog but because of her too... hmm... seems ... so coincidental too i guess.. haha