Latest Art Work

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Definition of Woman

Source: Ms Sumiko Tan's Feeling Half A Woman

My friend had asked me to read this article. But before I comment, I just wanted to post a paragraph on Bring vs Take (mentioned by another article of hers years ago which came out in the google search while I was looking for this)

Bring means to bear HERE or move TOWARD the speaker.
1. I will bring a salad home to eat.
2. Will you bring the paperwork with you tomorrow for our meeting?
3. I brought leftovers for lunch today.

Take means to bear THERE or to take AWAY from the speaker
1. I will take a salad to the picnic.
2. Please take your plate to the dishwasher.
3. You can take my coat with you to keep warm.

Ok back to main topic:
Hmm actually the only comment I have is that the commentor is a bit harsh on her. I was trying to find out if Ms Sumiko Tan did get married or not, through this article I can safely guess the answer. Then I'm thinking if she wants to be married or not? I don't know. Not because I don't know, but because woman don't know what they want sometimes. Is not their fault.. is it? Sometimes human don't even know what they want right? Hmm not making much sense and logic.

But, ah well, these feelings come but mostly these feelings go. If this is meant to be the script of my life, then why bother trying to rewrite it?
- Ms Sumiko Tan's "Feeling Half A Woman"

I supposed she said it best with this line. I'm not saying nothing is for eternal but even feelings will increase and decrease, that's where the changes are seen. Only change is constant... thus every seconds, your wants and needs differ. What Ms Sumiko Tan wants, at the end of the day, is for herself to be happy. What I want at the end of the day, is for my wish to come true (not divulging).

Still got more to say but.. but... I think I rest my case with this last line, Mother Teresa is a woman to me. Makes sense?

p/s: Anthony Robbins once mentioned about Mother Teresa in his talk (click here) which is about what you link pain and what you link pleasure shapes your destiny. Interesting thought.

1 comments:

CL said...

reminds me of pri sch english..i still remembered my english teacher in class trying to correct us the difference btw bring and take..