Latest Art Work

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Love my Future

"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out--plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for."

Jeremiah 29:11

A student had passed me a booklet from EveryStudent on Monday. And this quote caught my attention partly due to the context of the article. The article was talking about Singles (again.. I think it is the Vday feeling so all the articles I read about has to do with Singles, Love, Sex).

The thing is this quote seems a bit weird thus I did a research. And found the actual phrase in the Old Testament is
"For God knows the plans He has for you. Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."
eremiah 29:11.


The Message Bible translates this passage as "I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out--plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for."
Referenced from Biblegateway

I just suddenly wondered aloud, does God have an expert system to help with the planning. Hmm think I study too much.

Anyway I prefer the original context. “not to harm you”, “’to give you hope”, that is all I asked for.

While flipping through the booklet, the main focus it seems was on premarital sex. Coincidentally, that day my brother was showing me Edison Chen’s latest scandalous photos. And I really hope that the youngsters of today, to really consider their actions because it really has an impact on the future. What may seemed fun now, can be nightmarish when the rose-tinted glass is removed. There were a few girls (interviewed in the booklet) who really regret what they did before, and I have to say too much of an intimacy, without the commitment, is really not a good thing. The conflict will increase tremendously because females think differently on such things as compared to males. And if you really want to take pictures … really think twice, thrice..

You know while flipping through those photos, I only felt pain and agony for these girls. Reports have stated how Cecilia is trying to salvage her marriage and how strong Gillian is to silently admit everything. They did all those in a moment of fun, and had to pay a hefty price. I know there are people who felt they deserved it, but seriously, nobody; absolutely nobody should be put into such a shock.

I know a few years ago, there was a similar situation in Singapore where the schoolgirl had her video distributed. At that time, I told my mum that she deserved it, because she had to take responsibility for her actions. I still maintain my stand that these girls have to take responsibility for their actions. But the difference is this time, I saw the photos. (haha that time I refuse to watch the video I think.. don’t know why also.. maybe I felt I will grossed out.. although this time I really felt sick too.. but I couldn’t resist the curiosity when my brother sent me bah haha.. ) I guess those photos soften my critical stand. And make me really hope that youngsters of today, please don’t do things that will come back to haunt you in your future. It really is a scary world out there.

Which is why my focus today is to “Love my Future”. And to love it, I have to trust that the plan(s) is/are there. And to love myself more especially with this Vday mood around and to never do anything foolish.

With that, I shall present 2 cute little flowers from Facebook’s Growing Gifts (one of my favourite few application) to wish all of you a Happy Valentine’s Day. Enjoy!


<-- I like this so much I gave one to myself in Facebook hahaha

0 comments: