Latest Art Work

Friday, January 11, 2008

The Present



As usual was clearing my thumb drive again and saw this picture. Decided to blogged it to remind myself what I promised, to be true to myself.

It had been a fun week as it is once again the CIA week. And I had to man the booth again (for the same project I presented last year only that this year it is "contesting" as best implemented project. As this time we need to host a game, our department chose the Rubik's cube. And I got addicted to it. Still not sure about the strategy though (I had bugged my colleague to teach me haha). Saw another colleague had a keychain Rubik, so cute. I will definitely buy it. After all I collect key chains. Aww feel like going shopping for it... But I cannot shop. Just last week I tried to spend my 40 bucks Taka voucher and ended up buying stuff that is not needed. Sigh.

Anyway because of the event, I had accumulated quite a lot of sweets and lollipops. Almost got ice cream to eat too but I shared with my friend (haha must give in to temptation some times, but must also restrict). It was also a surprise that my project won in that category because I did not really do much publicising this year haha. The limelight should be my colleague’s project for best innovation which is the big prize after all.

School will be starting next week and I should be busier than ever. But I feel that I'm happy with whatever I'm busy with. Whether it is work, school (err can't comment because haven't attend. Though NUS is making me irritated because they can't confirm my modules till it’s quite late), gym or self-learning, I feel that I am leading a life that is true to myself. Even though I’m home late at times and will just fall asleep, I feel that my heart is getting lighter.

By today, I hope I will finish The Pilgrimage then I will finally settle my last emotional hurdle. This book taught me a lot, the one main thing is it taught me how to deal with death. I am not afraid of Death. But the death of my JC mate, and a recent comedian made me re-think about life. I remember in 2007, I only want to lessen the regrets if I should ever die the next day. And my friend asked me why I should have regrets. To me regrets are unfinished dreams. And regrets are here for a purpose. I’m not sure if this friend has any regrets or not since he believed everything could be prioritised. I, on the other hand, believed more in Murphy's Law. What I plan, there is always something that will disrupt the planning. Death is one thing that could disrupt life's planning. Thus as much as I want to prioritise, I decided more to listen to my heart. I might end up messed up but hmm, I'm always messed up so no difference la haha.

Most importantly, I decided to live only for Today. So whatever little steps I can embark to reach my dream, I will definitely take it. Yesterday is over, Tomorrow might never come. Only Today is something I can hold on to, can cherish it and can change it. I wish to treasure my every Today. And with it, at least my future might be more definite.

1 comments:

Simple Calculator said...

Haha, I am not afraid of death too!!

http://banwei.blogspot.com
Take note of my top banner in my blog -> 人生自古誰無死

Nothing to be afraid, do not see it as disrupt your plan, it is just another ending, though it is not what you wish for.

When it comes to an end, so it should be let go.