Latest Art Work

Friday, January 11, 2008

An Interesting Encounter

This happened last Saturday in a little spot in Taka. I was reading a book when he came along. As I had been sitting for quite some time, I decided to stretch myself. When I put my hand on the chair to stretch myself, he noticed my hand too. He then placed his hand besides me too. It was as if he was trying to compare our hands. I decided to twitch my little pinkie for fun. He did the same too. Then his hand tried to close the gap.

After that he tore out some sticker from the pram and made a little cute ‘Oh-Oh’ to his mum. Then he stuck the sticker on the chair over and over again, and kept making his little ‘Oh-Oh’ sounds. He kept pushing the sticker into the gap and picking the sticker again. When I placed my hand in front, he gave me half of the sticker. Haha.

He got thirsty and went to drink his milk. While drinking, he suddenly jabbered some words. He kept repeating them but I only heard “Auntie…..”. His dad later told me he is telling me his little brother’s name. I couldn’t catch it though other than the fact that it might be a Malay name. I’m quite bad in trying to guess people’s ethnic race. (Everybody is God’s children mah.. so one race only right “p)

After both he and his brother finished the milk, the family made a move. He gave me 2 goodbye kisses and happily followed his dad.

It’s been almost a week but I till remember the incident. Not really because he called me Auntie but because a little boy had tried to befriend me wahhaa. I sounded like nobody dares to approach me now haha (but that is true ah!). I believed he will grow up to be a real charmer, hopefully he don’t become a heart-breaker though. As for the greeting, actually I already have nephews and nieces calling my Auntie already so I think it should be easy to accustomed myself when my friend’s children start calling me that too.

0 comments: