Latest Art Work

Friday, November 23, 2007

Hoi Sum DR Exercise

I have been involved in the DR exercise for 3 years but today’s exercise is the most memorable one. For the past 2 exercises, I usually need to go to the DR site only in the afternoon. And my boss has been kind to always let me head home straight from there as I stay nearby.

However this year, my users were reporting in the morning. The thought that I had to head back office in noon was kinda depressing but I took it as part of my job scope. However, I was still “evil” enough to request to report to the DR site directly instead, a suggestion which my boss accepted thankfully. And that really saved me a precious hour to amend my assignment and sent it out to my classmate as I had ko-ed while waiting for her attachment last night.

Then I rushed to the DR site early because it is a long walk. On the way, the radio was playing你是我心中一句惊叹 just when I was walking past DOC’s secondary school. Fate has play a trick for DOC too as her “心中一句惊叹” is now in the site too. I also don’t know if Fate is playful or cruel. Heck!

Anyway I ended up real early in the site and had a joyous conversation with an auntie there. (Cannot divulge her occupation haha!) Apparently she has affinity with my company and is mildly excited to meet us which explains how we started our conversation. (I’m not chatty k! :-p )

After that my users arrive, then is testing phase and before long, they are done. I was contemplating if I should asked for a last minute half day request when my boss say I can stay for the second half too. Yipee!!! For that moment, I almost called out saviour because he just bought me more time for my security notes which is in a BIG MESS (anyway is my last e-learning module but it is the worst of my 3 e-learning modules).

And I have my third reason why I’m so hoi sum today. We had lunch near my secondary school. Haha everytime I see the 100+ steps, I just feel happy because it holds a lot of memories for me, especially those tiring times where my good friend had supported me. Hmm 2 days in a row, I had actually thought of him. Hmm decided to pray that he and his wife is happily eating dinner now heehee.

Oh and coincidentally I saw my alma mater (both are my alma maters anyway) that I mentioned yesterday. I know it is shifting in 2008 to the former Bedok South Secondary School. The thing is I don’t know where that school is because Bedok has just too many Bedok XX School. I don’t even remember if I know anybody in this school haha (I got a niggling feeling I know someone from that school but I really can’t remember who?). One day see 2 alma maters, makes me happy too haha.

Then the afternoon session came and the users were pretty fun. I have this colleague who loves to discuss with me Japan and is always asking me when I want to go Osaka haha. I promised her next year we go together hahaha. Then another user was stimulating termination of employee and she decided to terminate herself because there is no chance she can execute that in LIVE. We were all laughing because that is indeed so true haha. My boss had even joined in the fun to terminate himself 5 years later for retirement. The noon session was filled with lots of laughter.

Then the testing is over and I followed them out. Met the auntie again and she was telling me she know our driver and seen him when he was born. Oh man, the world is indeed small (and she indeed has lots of affinity with my company). The driver was also amused haha. Anyway that driver is a very nice driver who always drives my colleagues to certain sites that are far away from our main site. He was asking if I’m heading home too, if so can take a lift. But I rejected because I can go home from the site easily.

Anyway we ended the day by packing up the site and clearing up the stuff. Then say bye to the auntie and I happily reached home. Really felt very light-hearted for unknown reasons. Guess I’m easily happy. But of course, I remember what DOC said, “hoi sum” is the most important word that she taught me and I must remember it. And today, I really am “hoi sum”.

1 comments:

Wisely said...

哈哈,針對你的第三段,或許那不是一個trick,而是上天給我的一個最好的安排。

想深一層,不碰面已經使人家極度難堪,若碰面的話,只會替人增添更多麻煩。我不願看到朋友為難,更不願看到那愁眉不展的模樣。所以對於人家來説,只要我什麽都不做,已經是一份最好的禮物。=]