Latest Art Work

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Umbrella Dispenser



And I thought only Japan is capable of selling weird stuff through a machine. Lately, I seem to see weird machines in Singapore too. First was the kiosk to surf the net introduced by PacNet (which I seriously doubt it is ever in use in Tampines interchange... Ask those in Tampines where it is located and you will know why.. tempted to take a picture but oh well... I guess it is not the person's fault either)

Now I see a machine dispensing umbrella. I was pretty shocked to see the machine. It says it is ultra violet protection..blah blah blah.. and I guess it is handy for the students during rainy (or hot) day. BUT what I want to comment is the usability of this machine.

Step 1: Insert $2/$5/$10 notes below after you have decided to buy an umbrella
Step 2: Press 'BUY' button. Press once to buy 1 umbrella, press twice to buy 2 umbrellas tc.
Step 3: Press 'Change' button for change (if any). Change (if any) will be dispensed at the bottom.

So if I do not have change, and I press the 'Change' button, what will happen? And if I DO have change, but I forgot to press the 'Change' button, do I lose my change? I know the mentality of this maker, he/she wanted to have 2 buttons so that you can put in a 20 dollar note (The brolly costs 6 bucks each) and press 'BUY' twice to get 2 umbrellas. But seriously, how many people will buy 2 umbrellas at one shot? Isn't it more economical to share umbrella??

Hmm problem is my photo isn't very well taken. I manage to find another soul who had taken an interest in this machine too. Check out his post and his photo.

Oh and I remember about the NUS bookdrop that I had taken many weeks ago. Hmm I can only say NUS is trying their best.

0 comments: