Latest Art Work

Monday, September 10, 2007

Is Life Fair?

Source : Asiaone

FORMER National Kidney Foundation chief executive TT Durai - who was sentenced to 3 months' jail in June for deceiving the NKF, but is now appealing his conviction - has secured a new high-paying job.


Pray, tell me, so why of all company, it is a Singapore-based real estate management firm Property Facility Services (PFS) that hire him. Tell me, why after all the "hurt" and "disappointment" he has caused us, he is still earning a freaking high pay while the majority of us are slogging our guts NOW! Tell me, why is it that his service is REQUIRED IMMEDIATELY while those who were offenders in the Yellow Ribbon Project have to seek earnestly for a 2nd chance.

Maybe the Yellow Ribbon Project organisation should get him as their ambassador. But maybe not.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Money not conscience rules the world. I remembered a similar incident in Philippine. Two programmers who wrote a virus called "love letter" caused million dollars loss world wide immediately got their jobs in anti-virus company after their court case ended.

Butterflygalz said...

Hmm you sound even more disappointed with the world than me.. For me, I firmly believe there is a reason why he got this job. I just don't know why.

It's like the story I once read about an angel who help a rich man patch his house even though the angel was treated shabbily. And yet to the poor man, the angel had allowed the cow to be killed despite the kindness the poor man had showered. Turns out, the patch covered the rich man's treasure while the cow replace the poor man's wife whom Death had wanted to take away.

But there are times, I just want to lament and ask "Is Life Fair?"

Unknown said...

don't quite understand the angel story. That guy got the job probably because they think "he could cheat so much of the peoples’ money", this "talent" can be put into good use or they need this?

Butterflygalz said...

Haha the story is to tell you that sometimes certain things happen because of some other hidden reasons. Unfortunately we only saw what we want to see.

I take it that in my past life, I might have owe him money so in this life, he is getting back. If not, then maybe in my next life he has to repay debts liao lor haha.

Actually I'm wondering, maybe he really does possess real working capability else NKF would not be so successful. I only hope
1) he is truly repentant on certain things that most people feel is unethical
2) most other firms will be just as forgiving to offenders like this firm is to him.