Latest Art Work

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Singtel Touching Lives Fund

As I bought my i-weekly today, I saw the piece of red paper again. The paper that will be folded into a heart, sent via post by the postman, and which will make Singtel donate $1 to the fund.

It brought me back to 3 years ago, when I was still in uni. I had even make a website on it. That time I was very enthusiastic, collecting the Today (almost) daily and ensuring I fold each and every red paper I see. My dad would even help me cut out the paper.

3 years later, as I see this red paper, I know I will still fold the heart. But I lost the enthusiasm. Maybe the NKF saga is still deeply etched in my memory. I used to trust all charity organisation. Maybe being taken as a fool really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

But still, my friend, if you see this red paper. Please fold it into a heart and post it out. As much as I no longer trust all charity organisation, I still believe in the miracle of heart folding.

0 comments: