Latest Art Work

Monday, March 14, 2016

And there was light

It all started when the lease was extended. When I first moved in, I already had to get the electrician to replace 2 toilet lights and 1 kitchen light because the previous tenant did not do it. And I told myself these 6 months, I should be safe from changing any lights on my own.

Then I got extended. And the bedroom light bulb fused. A test if I can still change light bulb was given. Did I pass it?

For the whole work week, I did nothing. Lit only by my laptop screen, I slept early when eyes got tired. Then head to work the next day, coming back before sunset but still refusing to touch the wall light. Because I seen how many insects been lured to these 2 wall lights, and never made it out. It is really not a task I want to embark on in the evening.

Finally Saturday arrives. Managed to borrow screwdriver from 光, because he's my 'neighbour' from the next block. Thankfully. Still remember months before, when he was puzzled why every time he turned round the block, he will see me walking to office too. It took awhile to realised we were 'neighbours' and after half a year, I'm glad for that fate at times.. like this. (And when I want to play with air fryer "p )

Although he did offer his help when I asked about electrician fee... but I had remarkably managed to reach the wall light. Cleaned the wall light. 'Bury' the insects. And finally, carefully took out the fused light bulb.

After making a few queries on where I could buy the light bulb, and dropping by a few places e.g. Big W and Coles futilely, I called it a day. Once again I succumb to darkness when sun falls.

By Sunday, after dim sum with colleagues and being teased for actually being able to reach my lights... "Really butterflygalz, you managed to reach it??" and them starting to come out tall stories on maybe I tiptoed with a chair on a table on a xxx. (Actually I used to do that sort of stuff in my previous house. I remembered fondly my parents even moved a table upstairs so that dad could reach one of the bedroom light bulbs too. Those were the healthy days...)

And I decided it is time to have some light. Tramming to Bunnings and once again, was told the light bulb for that particular voltage is sold out. By then, I have been exhausted and I asked if I can get a lower voltage to replace instead. The staff agreed it was a good idea and so I executed the plan. Repeated the same formation as per Saturday and finally after sun set, there was light...

Two interesting things did happened before there was light.
1) I suddenly remembered I had 2 bedside lamps all the while that I never tried to turn it on though. And considering the bedside table was my 'ladder' when I was reaching for the wall light, I wondered if I had stared right through my alternative light source.
2) Initially after I fixed it, there was still no light. And I thought sigh, butterflygalz's replacing light bulb skills has turned rusty. Test fail. But I remembered 光 had mentioned before I replaced the light bulb, to turn off the light circuit in the switch box. And I commented that I usually only just turned off the light only. So I tried his suggestion and voila, it worked.

When Monday comes, I'm still in a good mood. Because it is PH! And Moomba Parade! Though I missed everything but the last part where the dragon was dancing because 光 was late. But then I wasn't dying to go to the parade in the first place. Actually I had lost interest in a lot of the activities in Melbourne already. And so yes, sometimes I'm thankful of 光 who will 'chio' me out at times.

Especially when it was to seek death...
credits from moombafestival
.. with scary rides.

I actually couldn't remember the ride name anymore. But while searching google, I saw a video on the same ride in 2013.

Now I wonder, how did I got myself convinced to pay 12 aud for a ride to death? Maybe because I was seeking. Probably explained why I took off my shoes before I board the ride. 

0 comments: