Latest Art Work

Sunday, November 18, 2012

The home that never is

The home that Sheba never got to see as the drilling continues...



It was a shock when I saw the news on itchyfingers... and to think a while ago I was excited to be able to see the panda bears soon... which means that River Safari will be opening soon..


I realised I only have a not so clear photo of Sheba...

And the only other photo of her I'm guessing is probably this notice...
I miss the panda bears so much... It's been a very long time since I last saw them as they were kept away because of the upgrade. To think I had been waiting for the day I can see the Frozen Tundra, to see Inuka and Sheba in a better home.


Would it have been a better home though? Over the years there had been so much controversy whether WRS should return the polar bears back to their natural habitat. Maybe we ought to. Maybe we ought not to? Who can predict the future? I can only say everybody tries to make the best decision based on several factors. But everybody has different yardsticks when they make a decision.

Inuka had been the reason why I visited the zoo back in 2007. I still remembered to see Inuka was a NY resolution because he was slated to be returned back to the arctic. But Sheba, his mother, aged 35 (as of this year) was considered slightly too old (then) and they were worried that she may not survive the transport back. Now that she has left the world, I wonder will Frozen Tundra still be built? 

0 comments: