Latest Art Work

Saturday, July 09, 2011

Skydiving

There was a parcel in my letter box when I came back to Melbourne after several flights and I immediately guessed it was my skydive video.

Re-playing the whole scene back again, I remembered my thoughts when I was weighing between a hot air balloon or a sky dive experience. Both equally important to me. One lasts a minute or two, one lasts 30 minutes. And staying at Port Douglas makes the sky dive very inaccessible unless we rent a car. Even then, we couldn't make it to Cairns city in time and had to drive all the way to the skydive site. And we couldn't make it if it did not rain which make them delay their sky dive trip till the weather turns better.

I was thinking would I be fated to attempt my skydive. And the answer from GA is, I can tick this off my bucket list. Yipee...

So it started with the interview where the guy asked if I have any last message and I actually replied Nope. In some sense I felt it is because I should be back alive so I don't see a need to leave any message. But yet I was the only one out of the 3 who had chosen to include the insurance as well. Because since young, my mum always inculcated to me that buying insurance is not about getting claims, is just to ward off the ills that may happen should you not buy at all. So I can't say I'm entirely sure I would be back alive, all I can do is to trust in my Tandem Master to bring me back to the ground safely.

And the flight up was super cold. I had left my jacket behind which was a mistake. So in the plane, I started to shiver while it escalates. In no time it went above the cloud level and the beautiful eagle-eye view was covered by white fluffy clouds. Before I knew it, it is time for the descent and I was the third in line.

I have no idea how I dropped off the plane. I did not even remember if I saw the plane above me. But I remember the full 360 degrees beautiful rainbow which one could only get because it had been raining beforehand. And this is when I have to appreciate the rain that had fallen beforehand and that had stopped timely for me to witness it while skydiving.

I did went weak during the descent and I wondered is it because of the empty stomach that caused my paleness. But I have no regrets trying it out because it really was an awesome experience... even though I look so distorted in the video that I'm wondering how much face fats do I possess... haha.

1 comments:

admin said...

face fatssssssssss