Latest Art Work

Monday, February 14, 2011

Significance of a Proposal

Probably too many people had been talking to me about this topic which triggered my thoughts about it. The latest conversation was with my brother when he came to visit me and noticed my new toy – a ring watch.
The conversation triggered a few question markers namely:
1. Will you ever receive a ring as a gift from friends?
2. Must a proposal ring have a diamond on it?
3. Or in another perspective, can you accept a toy ring for proposal (something like what I bought for an e.g.) And backtrack to a past conversation with a friend on the significance of proposal generated the following questions
4. Can a graduate student who has not started working propose?
5. Would you accept that proposal when the future is still unknown?
6. What exactly is the significance of a proposal?
7. Can it elevate a person’s status? Or firms a relationship?
8. Is it just a mental action taken especially for long-term relationship where things do seem stagnant?
9. Does it mean you must buy a house immediately? Or starts planning for a life with each other immediately?
And then backtrack to another conversation with senpai who was ‘drilling’ me certain questions not related to proposal but nonetheless still has impact to BGR… 10. Can you accept a guy who does not have much savings?
11. Do you need a guy to hit a certain wealth marker before you embark on a permanent relationship with him?
Seriously, I’m not too sure if people had put in too much realistic expectations in love or think it is the path to financial freedom but when love and money starts to be in the equation, it makes life very complicated. I’m not saying that I believe in fairy tales where one lives happily ever after, or that I believe in Wu Xia Xiao Shuo where money never seems to run out for these heroes. But if everybody goes into a relationship with a certain level of expectations and if that expectations were not met, then are you using your heart or your head to fall in love?
Is it that tough to use both your heart and your head to fall in love? What if you are presented with 2 choices:
Guy A who doesn’t has much savings but is willing to work hard because he loves you.
Guy B who has inherited a huge pile of savings and does not need to work, thus he spends his time courting you lavishly too because he loves you just as much.
So since both guys love you just as much, never mind my theory that love cannot be compared or measured, the only difference is one who works hard versus one who does not need to work hard or maybe does not even work at all. Which do you prefer?
To me, seriously, even if the present moment shows a certain amount of security does not infer the future. And thus I can actually accept a guy who does not have much savings, and who uses a toy ring to propose to me. It surprises my senpai though because he says not many SG girls will accept it. Perhaps it is because for me, what I really want in life does not involve so much wealth. As long as it is sufficient for me to do what my heart truly desires. And love which comes in many forms, is but a bonus for me.

0 comments: