Latest Art Work

Friday, February 04, 2011

Faulpez varies her fried rice

By cooking tomatoes with broccoli in it...

Or mushrooms

My latest variation..

adding ikan bilis

haha.. thanks to mum for a bottle of it.. and probably thankful the custom did not confiscate it?? (But I learn not to try to bring preserved orange peel.. wasted a bottle of it sigh)

Oh ya, and one thing they all have in common, I never put soy sauce in them. Haha in fact I never knew fried rice needs soy sauce till xL asked me for it. Then I realised our cooking actually emulates from our mothers and mine happen to NOT like to put soy sauce in her fried rice and thus I never knew fried rice needed soy sauce. The ingredients though is totally not my mum's version. Hers is standard ham, carrots, peas, fried potatoes .. hmm I miss that though adding potatoes into rice is a bit too much carbo plus I'm lazy to fry potatoes haha.

0 comments: