Latest Art Work

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Would you pack his luggage?

During a baby shower (not a traditional one because authentic baby shower are female exclusive events), an interesting topic was brought up – Who pack your luggage? This was directed to 2 Asian married guys. And one is more traditional because of his Chinese educated background while the other may be more open being English educated, but the answer was the same – The wife does the packing.

Reasons probably include:
1) She is neater (and thus i.e. the one who is neater should do the packing)
2) He will supervise what to bring still
3) Packing for guys is generally easier. After all they just need clothes and shower necessities.
4) Hmm I jokingly brought out the sensitive object – condoms. It may sound like a joke but in my opinion I do agree that I rather one take precautions than be sorry. And indeed the wife of the English-educated thinks likewise too but she was scolded by the hubby as it was unnecessary. Of course it is nice to know that and likewise I certainly hope the hubby stays clear-minded no matter how drunk he gets (he belongs to the gang who are regular drinkers). And so yup I thought wives wanted to pack to see if the guys brought condoms or to see if they want to pack that for the guys… whichever angle you chose.
5) Last reason and the most important reason, is the wives do it as an act of love.

I tried asking this question to another 2 more ladies but as this is a hypothesis testing done on small sample and thus prone to error especially Type II error (i.e. simply state, the results could still be biased) and I got my hypothesis verified that.. people who are attached (and would like to get married) will be more willingly to pack the luggage than people who don’t share the marriage sentiments.

What if scenarios provided by CL included the wives may be busy with household chores and taking care of the children and thus should not have time to pack the husbands’ luggage. I agree both guys do not have children at the moment but I feel that children might not be a stopping reason. Not saying household chores don’t take up a lot of time but as humans, we all know that if you want you will find time to do certain things out of love.

And to turn the tables, would he pack your luggage? The answer I got from the 2 guys unfortunately is … No. Because women are indeed more troublesome than men. We have to select the makeup, the beauty products, the shoes to suit the clothes, the accessories. And thus the men find it a tad too complicated to pack for the ladies. Hmm of course I can simply brush it off as saying – they are pure lazy creatures. Which is something I predicted when I asked too.

0 comments: