Latest Art Work

Friday, September 18, 2009

Time Management

Time Management
- By Randy Pausch
Source: Youtube



Heard it many times but it still doesn't hurt to repeat this video again.

And before I note down the important pointers, let me first comment that youtube has a lights up/ lights out feature too. Geez lately everybody into this lighting feature haha.

Have to admit the lights out help to concentrate better.

1) Limited Time
The world is indeed a cost-centric world. Everything is valued by cost… and not time. But guess what, cost can be earned back, time can never be retrieved back.

2) Inbox is not To Do list
To Do list is important and is highly recommended. But Inbox is not a To Do list. You should just clear your inbox and file them accordingly. Yeah I hate to see a long list of inbox too, other than my webmails which usually shouldn't contain any To Do stuff for me haha.

3) Filing system
Hmm totally agree. All paper that have been retained should be kept in one place. The alphabetical order is a tricky issue though. Probably categorising would be a better way?

4) Interruptions
Hmm late Professor Randy suggested turning phone calls into email and switching off the email alerts. Because we don't live our time thinking "Maybe I'll get another email!" I concur!

At the end, he suggested to revisit this talk in 30 days and see what have changed. If nothing has been changed then it will just be a pleasant hour spent together. But if I have changed things, then probably I would have gained more time to spend with the ones I treasure. Because ultimately in his words, "Time is all we have. And you may find one day you have less than you think."

For the record, I revisited the talk a year later and as long as it is in my blog, I will revisit it a few more times I believed. Even if it doesn't change much for me as what he suggested, I have already adopt those I like haha.

0 comments: