Latest Art Work

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Unmotivated hamster grousing


Image source: Reghardware

Hallo, I'm unmotivated hamster, the alter-ego of Schmetterlingmaerchen aka Butterflygal.

And what do I want to grouse about... lots while running on the treadmill... the only problem is now tat I'm typing... I gotten lazy and decided to just give a summary of my grouses.

1) Gym: after a while, running in circles no longer appeal to me. How I wish the marathon would come and go ASAP. And while it amuses me to actually recognise the regulars... and observe how much time ladies are willingly to spent in front of the mirror... I am starting to feel that even the morning weekday gym is getting crowded.. sigh that is the problem with familarity

2) $$: of course lots to complain! Esp when I'm asked how much $$ I can lend to XX.. One, I don't approve of the purchase and Two, I hate myself for the financial mess I'm in and Three, I exchanged my drop in income for freedom.. something which my family cannot understand and which I did not tell them.. which brings me to point 3

3) Work and Society: News of friend being retrenched, news of friend forced to take leave, seeing colleagues being retrenched. Is it stressful? I don't know. I don't even feel like telling my family because I'm not sure if they understand especially when I know my prev co is SUPER stable in this crisis (of course, must pray their customer has the money to pay but I trust they can ride through this crisis in black. Oh and this is when I finally understand the concept of P/L which my kind colleague explained yesterday. I never knew that if I had offered my service, that goes into my P/L even though I do not see the cash in... That is so cheating!). I once read an article where this guy said sometimes, we should tell the truth that our work isn't as rosy as it is and you will realise the other person is having a tough time too. This will lessen your so-called depression. The problem with soceity now is everybody is having a tough time, and I jolly well know it. And that I'm an escapist so why bother telling them MY problem. And to paint a rosy picture.. forget it, I rather not even venture that topic. Thus I have far too many taboo subjects lately and chatting becomes restrictive to me and..

I ended up playing mindless FB games.

P/s: I do like that USB hamster especially when it will match my typing speed. Maybe if I see it, I would like to have one.. it is afterall a cuter version of me, the unmotivated hamster.

Pp/s: Schmetterlingmaerchen believes strongly in yin and yang. Thus there are times where she has to grouse to balance herself. She is afterall a normal (and balanced) human. So do not be surprised by the grouse, afterall it is 1/5 of the actual grouse that went through unmotivated hamster's mind.

Ppp/s: Saw a funeral procession .. it's been a long time since I last saw one.. and I remember about my maternal grandparents suddenly.. not very suddenly considering I just visited them in Bright Hill Crematorium. I last visited them 2 years ago. Memories... (btw Cats Musical is back in SG this month.. Coolz!) Anyway I feel like visiting Brigh Hill Crematorium on a non-Qing Ming period.. My aunt said that there is a large bronze Buddha statue on the top floor of Venerable Hong Choon Memorial Hal which is one of Asia's largest. I want to do a tour like what the site says!
Source: KMSPKS - Temple Tour

0 comments: