Latest Art Work

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Definitely, Maybe

What's the boy word for 'slut'?

The little girl asked her dad. She cannot believed that her dad is such a slut... and yet she still loved him all the same.

And what broke my heart, and finally made me cry is when the little girl could not figured out what the happy ending is..

How does it have a happy ending? You and my mom, whoever she is, you're getting divorced! What's the happy in that?

Ok I admit, I was trying to cry... and that movie happened to caught my attention even though I watched it before already. Sometimes, I can be quite duh in re-watching movies. Anyway to pick up from where I left, the happy ending is that the parents had the little girl, Maya. (Another tear drop just escaped.)

Of course nothing beats the dedication on Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre.

To my darling daughter April

"The human heart has hidden treasures
In secret kept, in silence sealed.
The thoughts, the hopes, the dreams, the pleasures
Whose charms were broken if revealed"

From your loving Father

I like that story too though I must admit I probably read the children version (i.e. a shortened else comic version)

Oh and I learn something more about penguins through this movie...

Maya Hayes: I love penguins.
Emily: Me, too.
Will Hayes: Me, three.
Maya Hayes: Did you know that penguins mate for life? Although, Mr. Monell told us that sometimes the husband and wife penguins get separated because of their migraine patterns.
Will Hayes, Emily: Migratory.
Maya Hayes: Well, sometimes they're apart for years, but they almost always find each other. Do you know what the husband and wife penguins do after they find each other after all that time? Throw back their heads, flap their flippers, and sing as loud as they can!
[imitating a penguin]
Maya Hayes: Wah wah wah!
(and then the scene shows a pair of penguins doing the exact flapping.... aww sweet!)
Source: IMDB

That and the fact that if I ever get to New York - USA, I would like to visit the Brooklyn Bridge after what the little girl had mentioned...

Did you know that 35 people try to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge each year, most because of broken hearts?

Interesting place to be…
As for my current mood… upset over the news I read this morning, over the training progress, over… hmm….

Got somethings to add...
One, I finally got a chance to dine in Equinox.. I still remembered that I took the lift up many years ago just to have a glimpse... and in 2007 I did the vertical marathon because of a phrase in My Girl
逃到很远的地方前
先逃到很高的地方
Dangz, did the sign just repeated itself? Seen the day view twice, and seen the night view twice (Happen to go to one of the bar last month).. Last night one can see the Chingay platform haha. Too high to catch the Chingay procession though one can see the road block "p (colleague pointed it to me while we were in a bar on the 72nd storey?? Pretty high I would say, close to the helipad that I reached the previous year ago)

Two, talking about the sign, this video seems interesting enough although a bit monotonous initially.

Three, at first I was bothered about something but while reading a past entry, I decided ... too bad on those affected but I did not want to be dishonest. To reiterate the 4th point of Eightfold path

4. Right action – sometimes we do the right thing to different degrees, depending on how much of our own comfort we’re willing to sacrifice
a. Do not speak dishonestly
b. Do not take what isn’t given to or meant for you
c. Do not kill other living things or ask that they be killed for you
d. Do not engage in sexual activity that might harm you or others
e. Do not become intoxicated to the point where you can’t control your speech or actions

But when I refused to take an extra packet, I denied the rest a chance to lie. Was it my fault? When you prevent one from being too greedy, are you in right or wrong? Is it your position to deny them a chance to sin? Is it even considered a sin?

0 comments: