Latest Art Work

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

News Muse

Computer attacks typically do not inflict physical pain on their victims.

But in a rare example of an attack apparently motivated by malice rather than money, hackers recently bombarded the Epilepsy Foundation's website with hundreds of pictures and links to pages with rapidly flashing images.

The breach triggered severe migraines and near-seizure reactions in some site visitors who viewed the images. People with photosensitive epilepsy can get seizures when they're exposed to flickering images, a response also caused by some video games and cartoons.
Source: The Age

I read about this attack in TODAY on Saturday morning (think it should be the Friday edition), and it saddens me to know that hackers no longer do it for money or fame or even just for fun. To pull such a prank on the ill, it is such a cruel and bad taste joke. I really don’t know what the world has become. Cold? Merciless?

Last night, after I told dad about the earth quake in China, I asked him, what is wrong with the world. Cyclone in Myanmar, tornado in USA and earth quake in China. And the most devastating news is that the earth quake had toppled a school and buried 900 children. Dad told me probably God is punishing the wicked. But the innocent are implicated too.

GA, can I ask you the same question too?

0 comments: