Latest Art Work

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Happy Muse

Hmm I still have not started on my themed post.. maybe will just write one and a half of them after this (depends whether my hair dries).

Just that I'm quite happy today. Still recovering especially since I'm not the only one that felt this semester is tedious. XX felt it too. And while we had been complaining that we got classes later for the past few months, suddenly we were gathered together for a post-exam dinner. I really don't know how I endured it, and how much I am actually looking forward to the upcoming public holiday which is my first real PH where I don't need to spend on school work. Err hopefully not on work either though sometimes I have to admit I prefer to go back office when there is nobody and I'm in casual wear plus the car is available.

To jio my ex-classmate and TC was a good choice haha. Together with XX, we had ordered 2 sides (mushroom & spicy chicken wings) and one main course (some steak dish). And we shared a brownie too. Surprisingly my ex-classmate ate little too plus TC wants to slim down and I'm ever conscious about my weight thus the portion actually seem just right for us. I think I can skip my gym tomorrow. A bit lazy, and tired as in for the whole week, I still have not been home early. Plus maybe I want to stay in office a bit later tomorrow.

Talking about office, hmm I'm just glad the people I trust, are truly trustworthy. I admit there was really this 5% that I thought I mistrusted somebody especially since it felt that the person will not go around telling people what she had emailed me. Because it is something that she proposed which I did not comment nor revert back ever since I got back office. But after morning's conversation and finding out it is indeed the person who spread the message herself, I totally heck care about the whole saga in a sense. To my conscious, I never once demanded anything and never will. I admit I can be outspoken and seek clarification if I see a need for it. But I will never demand for something which they felt I am not ready for, and which they give reasons e.g. I'm laid back in my attitude. Something I never once denied because I had slowed down purposefully when I chose to study as my initial pace was too fast and they were not ready to give me the responsibilities. So I decided to just study and blocked my thinking for the past 2.5 years. At least I will not feel so exasperated, or so I thought.

I know there will be people who will not know the full picture and thought I demanded for certain changes for myself. In fact comically, one of them had emailed me to congratulate me on something that I do not even know and might not come true. Of which I can only say "shi mu yi dai" bah. I have no wish to defend myself anyway except to those close to me. I know I'm overdue but seriously, if management does not want to do something, they can give you 100 possible reasons to reject and there is just nothing you can do about. Haha I also learnt what my friend always enforce on, that there are no secrets in office. It was a matter I did not mention to anybody in my department due to my own principles but which I have no control too if spread through other sources.

Oops I'm tired... think the post can wait again ... I'm just happy with today.
Thanks to XX for organising, and to TC for the lift home and to all for the insights and stories and life experience shared. So happy!

p/s: I suddenly recall about the article I was reading on Jolin Tsai in i-weekly... Did not realise she's a Virgo. But the other guy (both were advertising Taiwan which is why I'm reading because mum and colleague has been asking me if I'm interested to go or not) was saying that Taiwanese girls are very hardworking and thrifty as compared to the guys and that the guys better buck up. Hmm is it true?

Then he proceed to say especially virgos are extremely hard at work. Err.. but I did find it a coincidence that both Jolin and I valued intelligence alot. Sighz the problem with me though is I think I want to learn too much but I can't absorb and end up I don't remember what I learnt. Hmm.. so I'm still pondering if I should take that French class or not.. My friends will most probably shake their head saying first German (barely remember much already), then Japan (skuoshi) and now French haha... Well has to do with my love for Switzerland ... and Japan (though I have been strongly advised not to work in Japan due to gender discrimination)...

pp/s: Hmm and after a night's sleep, just want to say no matter what, I still appreciate my current work environment. Because .. I'm just thankful for certain things bah.

0 comments: