Latest Art Work

Thursday, March 20, 2008

To thank at least 7 people daily

Sis Shenton suggested that we should be give thanks to at least 7 people a day. And to state the reason why we are thankful and that we should be sincere about giving thanks.

Coincidentally, I feel like saying thanks today too to my one and only protector, my GA. Twice I had driven from work to school. And twice I had gotten lost. And twice you had guided me back. And twice I managed to safely reach school in time. I am really grateful. To say I’m not afraid is a bluff. The first time I got lost, I turned out too early to the wrong expressway and there is only one way I can go and that is to keep driving straight and hope to find an exit that I find familiar. The second time I got lost, though I was a bit less afraid because I manage to find my way back quickly, but a wrong turn would find me in the customs without a passport and in a massive jam due to the check for the missing guy. Thus both times, when I reach school, I really heaved a sign of relief. But having said that, I still hope to drive to school from work regardless whether I get lost another few times because each time I get lost, I learned something new. (My colleague said something similar to me too.) At least I learnt more roads because I rarely roam the North/West area.

So who are the other 6 people I should thank?
I thank my dad for sending me to the bus interchange this morning. He was commenting though why I keep leaving earlier and earlier to work, which I have no answer.
I thank my mum for making my breakfast.
I thank my brother for leaving some of the Kettle chips for me last night haha.
I thank a friend for asking me to cheer up. He feels I might have a slight depression of which I don’t know and don’t want to dwell about it. Afterall, Doc most probably will just rebuked that it is not easy to get depression.. and I really don’t know if I should think about it.
I thank my colleague cum good friend for buying me instant porridge for lunch though we decide to shelve it today for KFC delivery as another 2 colleagues did not bring lunch today either.
I thank another colleague for giving us Bengawan Solo cake voucher to share in his celebration of his son’s one month old (also called full month celebration).

Lastly, I thank him. I don’t say this in a tinge of bitterness. But he really make me feel what I did was right. The funny thing is it hurts not because I feel hurt, but because my mind keeps thinking for the other person. I somehow have a vague feeling that she will feel very hurt and betrayed. But I might be wrong also because I’m not her. Just that everything he had said to her, he just wiped it off and to the world, declared his feelings for another girl. Through such action, I realized I never really understand him either. But having thought about it very seriously, I don’t think I should doubt the sincerity and genuineness of the past. And with that, I am much more at ease to continue believing in my promise. So I thank him for making me more resolute to keep my promise.

0 comments: