Latest Art Work

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Dogs' Lives

Source: Eugene Loh, 938LIVE, a station of MediaCorp Radio

A veterinarian was called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife, Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

The vet examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. He told the family he couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As they made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told the vet they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

During the procedure, Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that one might wonder if he understood what was going on.

Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. They sat together for a while after Belker's death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.

Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, "I know why."

Startled, they all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned everyone.

He said, "People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life, like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?"

The six-year-old continued, "Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long."

- Source Unknown -

Author’s comments:
This story shocked me to the extent it make me blog it. I had actually plan to rush something out for user but she has not given me the required resource. Thus I decided to scan through my mail and saw the title ‘Dogs’ Lives’. Being curious especially since it is related to Dog, I decided to read it.

What a beautiful story. I always kid that I am a dog because I’m born in the year of the Dog. If this story is true, then GA promise to bring me along at the stipulated age should be true too. (Suddenly I remember my friend’s words. She felt she would leave at age X, about 20 years earlier than me la… hmm maybe she too knows how to live a good life. Manz, I think I need more training!)

Actually I have a lot of things to say but I still got homework to read up.. so I think what I shall write next is to say my thanks today:

1) To my family especially my mum who had cook glutinous rice early in the morning for me to bring to work. I’m really grateful.
2) To a friend for the movie cum dinner treat last Fri. I really like that movie (those who know me knows I rarely want to watch movie, so if I do, I will really love it). I haven’t yet blog about it though.. see how bah.
3) To a friend for recommending me Turkish dinner. I have never tried Turkish food, so it was an eye-opener.
4) To my group mates because the latest assignment I admit I really am too brain dead to really care about it. I had even ko-ed the previous night because I really couldn’t take it already, especially with the ongoing training taking away my time to do (home)work. Thankfully you guys developed, commented, researched the report. It was pretty intensive and detailed IMO especially since I never contribute at all.
5) To stressor’s friend for that brief chat that night. Sorry though I was concurrently writing 2 reports and “begging” friends to help me with sample marketing papers though one of them end up giving me a song to listen instead and another gave me a long list of samples before scuttling to play game haha. Anyway thanks for making an effort to contact me. I will definitely get back to you asap.
6) To xi xiong for the ride home last night. Haven’t set on a bike for a long time, recollected certain memories last night. Sometimes, I do like the wind that follows. (Yeah the wind.. my long time companion.. you are part of the reason I love the movie too). At the same time I should thank another friend for the almost regular ride back every Tuesday. Being able to get home early is something I treasure a lot and you guys helped a lot haha.
7) Haha and before DK got depressed for not thanking him again, here’s thanking him and DOC. Of course I put you guys last because LIFO, both of you are the first few in my thoughts when I’m free to think wahahah. Really thanks Doc for thinking of me when you bought the bear.. remember you still owe me a photo of it, preferably with the new owner heehee.. And thanks DK for the song, and other songs and for throwing hurtful but truthful words at me times when I need them.. and for being there just babbling about yourself so that I can take my thoughts off other things. Enjoy your stars making

Anyway most of the people I thank don’t read this post so of course I had said my thanks to them verbally. The funniest though was the guy who gave me a movie-dinner treat .. partly coz we are not really that close. Just that I really wanted to watch the movie and it’s weird that when I mentioned it to 3 people, he’s the only one that said lets catch it together then. Caught me by surprise! The other 2’s response, sighz, totally disappointing but expected haha. Anyway I didn’t expect him to treat so was finding the appropriate time to slot in my thanks.. and he said something along the line that thought I wouldn’t say my appreciation, jokingly of course. I’m not that unappreciative kies. Haha.

0 comments: