Latest Art Work

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Why I did not want to watch another romantic comedy again?

Article : AsiaOne - Why I did not want to watch another romantic comedy again?

Written by:
Geraldine Ling
Mon, Jan 28, 2008

Senior was trying to "suan" me with another article because I told him I was sleep-cleaning last night again. It is really a slow process because I'm a collector and this year, I not only decide to throw out most of the "collection", I tried to segregate them for recycling. Thus my room ended up more messy and I had to fend off grumblings from both my parents for
1) throwing out too much stuff that he cannot go through and see if he wants or not
2) taking too much space and putting too much effort to recylce
blah blah blah...

Then I happen to see Ms. Geraldine Ling's article and was curious haha. Afterall I admit I'm still smitten by such movies though lately I haven't catch any at all. What piqued my interest is this paragraph

"Young people nowadays focus too much on romantic love," he remarked with a wry grin. "There are other things out there that are so much more important than love between a man and a woman.

"Look around you. Can you see the green grass rustling and swaying in the wind? And the blue sky above you?

"What about the laughter from your classmates as they share a joke with you? And the kindness from your family? Aren't these on par, or more important than, romantic love?

"Don’t let the fear of loneliness rob you of appreciating life for what it can be."


This is something I advocate too. This festive season will be unlike my last few years.. It will be spent on books, gym, and sleep… Shhhh...

0 comments: