Latest Art Work

Thursday, January 31, 2008

THINK before you speak

Koped from Private.... heehee my nick for him now. Didn't realise he is SO private that he hid his blog from me sia.. if not because of his "weird" nick today, I wouldn't know more about his thoughts... sighz there is some element of irony though.. but thou shall not dwell... Oh and I quite like his nick though.. later..

A story told by his pastor:

There was once a man, whom was guilty of slandering (lying and telling untruths) his neighbors and friends. So one day he went to his pastor and asked, "Pastor pastor, I am guilty of slandering my friends and neighbours. What can I do to make it right?"

So the pastor handed him a big bag filled with feathers and said to him, "Son, go to the house of every one whom you have slandered and there, drop a handful of feathers."

The man did as the pastor said and spent the day going around the town, dropping feathers at each of the houses. When the bag was empty, he returned to the pastor and said, "Pastor pastor, I've did as you instructed. I've put a handful of feathers at the house of each of those whom I've said untruths about."

The pastor nodded and said, "Very good son, now tomorrow, I want you to take the bag and put the feathers back in."

The man was shocked upon hearing it and replied, "But but its impossible! The wind would have blown the feathers away."

Smiling at him, the pastor replied, "And so it is with words, once you have spoken them, it is impossible to take them back."

T - True? Is what you say the truth?
H - Helpful? Is what you say helpful to others?
I - Inspiring? Is what you say of benefit to others?
N - Necessary? Is what you say of necessity?
K - Kind? Is what you say kind?


I told Private.. that there are times when we had to say necessary words, but these are not exactly kind words.. may sound unkind if the intonation is wrong. But they were necessary, and truthful.. not sure if helpful or inspiring though. Anyway it is just my thought because I recently sent a pretty unkind email (in my own standard) due to my resentment. But it is to explain my own stand, and hopefully to let him understand that whatever critical words I said, I sincerely do want him well still. Sighz not sure if my message gets across.

Oh ya, today DOC says I'm very harsh on myself.. because I told her how much I want to love my job and why I kept failing it though. And I kinda hate myself because I tend to back out everytime I meet some weird bug.. and yet .. sighz I don't think I want to elaborate...

Anyway I'm thankful though that she enlighten me greatly with regards to IT & Healthcare, a topic that I have been thinking about for sometimes. She reminded me at least that as doctors, the main aim is to cure not only the disease but to heal the person too. This is something I hope to remember forever.. never to let IT replace the doctors.

0 comments: