Latest Art Work

Thursday, November 22, 2007

My Alma Mater

Links :
Alumni Dinner
School Site

I was trying to find the link that my schoolmate had sent me regarding the alumni gathering when I chanced upon the school site. Haha I have to say the webpage is not very stylish, and it felt foreign to see the photos. But when I saw my school song, my long lost memories floated back to me. It's been ages since I last hear the song. It was written by my music teacher then, wonder if she is still teaching? Gosh I couldn't even remember how to sing it already.

ONWARD, TAMPINES PRIMARY SCHOOL

Music & Lyrics - Stella Goh Chiew Chin
Music Arrangement - Iskandar Ismail
Choral Arrangement - Stella Goh Chiew Chin
Sung By - Tampines Primary School Choir

(A) With gladness of hearts we join in song
With loyalty and oneness of minds we throng
Tampines Primary School, place of my youth
Fountain of intelligence, goodwill and truth

(B1) Our teachers we do honour and obey
We shall never slacken come what may
Duty and obedience shall we be schooled
Onward Tampines Primary School

(B1) Our teachers we do honour and obey
We shall never slacken come what may
Duty and obedience shall we be schooled
Onward Tampines Primary School
Onward Tampines Primary School

Anyway the site posted quite a lot of motivational stories. I found the F.R.O.G's story interesting :

F.R.O.G.’s favourite phrase is NEGU (Never Ever Give Up!)

FROG IN A MILK-PAIL story

A toad and a frog drowning in a pail half-filled with milk... The frog swam about attempting to reach the top of the pail, he found that the sides of the pail were too high and steep to reach …

He tried to stretch his hind legs to push off the bottom of the pail but found it too deep. But this frog is determined not to give up, and he continued to struggle.

He kicked and squirmed and kicked and squirmed, until at last, all his churning about in the milk had turned the milk into a big hunk of butter … The butter was now solid enough for him to climb onto and get out of the pail!


It is a bit exaggerating (compared to the donkey and sand story) but I just found it funny haha.

I know I will not attend the alumni dinner because seriously, its been like ages. I don't even know who are the teachers there. I was told recently that my then principal is teaching arts now. But whether he remembers me as the little girl who always take the loud hailer for him or not, I have no idea haha. Besides my friend has no indication of going (I was sorely tempted to ask him organise but I worry I might not even have time to turn up... hmm later send the url to a few of my friends and see their response.)

Hmm ever since I move house 5 years ago, I haven't seen the school for some times. Now that the school is going to be renovated, wonder how it will look like in 2009. I do pity the current students who have to study in Bedok South Secondary School now.. so far. Gosh!

0 comments: