Latest Art Work

Friday, September 21, 2007

Back to Basic

When my brother started school, I foreseen that Java will come knocking on my door. But I ignored it.

Every time he asks me for some input of his lab, I give him my answers in a VB logic (i.e. what I will do if I’m coding in VB). Actually he should be glad, imagine if I have my answer in an ABAPish way. He will faint because ABAP is simply just not object oriented.

A few days later, I realised my core module is using JADE framework. Oh no, that spells “trouble”. An indication that Java is really seeking me out. And then the SAP guy mentions that in the upgrade, Java would be recommended. And that I (with the rest of the developers) and supposed to undergo a 2-day Java training. Oh no! Why the language that I gave up 4 years ago is finding ways and means to make me use it?

Tomorrow is competition day. And I have yet to really understand Java. But to me, it is more for fun that I had joined. Except that the ill-prepared feelings had scared my classmate and he had wanted to back out and attend school instead. That’s when I remember about The Alchemist. I was telling the other classmate the 4 reasons why a person might not achieve his dream.
1. He was conditioned since young it would never be possible.
2. Love might be an obstacle.
3. The hardship which gets more and more arduous.
4. (Which is the most scariest) The realisation that you are close to your dream and suddenly you decide you do not deserve it. And you are just contented visualising it.

I said that my classmate had visualise going to the competition (just to get the t-shirt.. which we are all “looking” forward to) and now that it is near, he might have be contented to just visualise. After all it has indeed been tedious to keep attending evening classes. And I am unsure if I can churn out any program codes useful for the competition or not. I just wanted to attend to see what they are up to. Blame it on my curiosity.

Anyway we are still going for the competition because the other guy and I are determined to go haha. But it has been interesting to see and analyze this guy’s reaction. He had even considered taking the module originally planned instead of another which he got interested suddenly. Because he felt it would be better for our project. Unfortunately, I’m not a team person. I believe in studying for my own interest only. Actually I’m interested in the other module too but I remember why I had initially wanted that module, and that reason no longer stands now. Besides I know I can get the notes from them since it is an e-learning module, so why not go for another module and learn more.

Guess I’m really going back to my basics for the time being? If so, can I get back that mental state I once had. After all, I already know the answer. Why persist? I must learn to let go…

0 comments: