Latest Art Work

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Corrinne May - Beautiful Seed

Source:
Corrinne May

I heard her new album while in Cream Bistro last Friday. And I silently told myself I must check Beautiful Seed out.

Unlike her Christmas album, I like the feel this CD gave me. Like it to the extent I think I will buy this album too.. but in that case, I might end up buying her Christmas just to make it complete? Haha I remember 2 years ago, when I bought her "Safe in a Crazy World", I bought her "Fly away" too partly for completeness and partly because I do love "Fly Away".
"Fly Away" is such a beautiful song on Mother's love that I fell in love with the singer from that moment...
That was the reason I gave for liking her. Weirdly till now I cannot remember who introduced her to me.. not a slightest memory.

Anyway I read through her views on her blog and felt curious towards the following songs:

2) Shelter
Her short description of this song did not appeal me at all. But when I heard the short intro of it, I like it immediately. It has her usual style, the style which I like.. especially when she sings "Call my name..." The vibe is there.

5) Beautiful Seed
I think people often forget how the smallest, most seemingly insignificant things can have such beautiful possibilities.
It reminds me of another quote I read in Jimmy's books. (Lately I'm deeply entranced in his books and his world of colourful characters...) In that story, it has been said that your dreams may seem small and insignificant but any dreams when fulfilled sincerely, makes an impact. I agree!

Oh and you should read why Corrinne May name her album and this song "Beautiful Seed". I agree totally too that we are all like a seed that will germinate into different things. Coincidentally my colleague was telling me about seed germination yesterday... about this pungent spring water will make the sprouts seed germinate faster than normal rate. Haha!

6) Leaving
Bad habits are hard to break. But sometimes, the best thing to do is to find a new way of doing things, to leave the things that are not good for us. This song is about making the decision to start anew, to do things right, to leave the bad situations behind.
If you know me, you will know I have an affinity to this word. Because I'm still searching for a way to break free myself.

7) Scars (Stronger For Life)
I remember the story of the "Perfect heart" fondly. This lady thought she is proud to have a perfect heart which was never broken before. Till she met this old lady with bits and pieces of different types of hearts merged to form a beating heart.

I admit over the years I too have my fair share of scars and broken pieces of heart. Times I feel so weary, so jaded. But maybe happiness will come after pain. It sounds like a wistful thinking though? Scars hurt even when healed, but scars strengthened me.. or does it? I wonder sometimes, am I a paradox. I have not written my Cosmopolitan post yet but I think is because I’m still waiting for an answer from a friend… I guess everything happens for a reason, including my lateness in posting the 2 entries (sounds like a pretty good reason heehee).

10) Slow Down
The starting is beautiful… And the topic reminds me of my attempted conversation with my mum this morning regarding work. I was telling my mum that we keep feeling that we do not earn enough and that we keep working. But how much do we want to earn. Unfortunately she did not get what I want to convey and emphasis on the debts we have. Debts.. I hate that word. It makes people keep working blindly. It makes the rich richer and the poor poorer. It is just a tool to make use of people who are ignorant of the repercussions. I guess I wish to live in an ideal world, a world with no debts, where work is pleasure, where people do not worry about making ends meet. Where is that world now?

And the fast pace society, this dog-eat-dog society makes us miss all the precious moments to sing a lullaby … or give gifts or watch the children grow. We just keep working…

11) Green-Eyed Monster
The term ‘Green-Eyed Monster’ is used to describe someone who is jealous about somebody else’s success.
Life is never fair? Are you happy? When you compare too much, will you be happy? I admit I may be quite competitive but I always believed it is to push me to greater heights. And at the end of the day, the real competitor is actually me. I might comment life is never fair. I might whine about why I don’t have someone to protect me from added work. But deep down I know it is a test assigned by GA. These are things I need to go through.

12) On My Way
I feel like giving up, and letting go… But I’m on my way… Don’t give up on me, I’m on my way.

‘On My Way’ is a song of hope and encouragement, that no matter how far the journey is, every little step that we take, brings us closer to our final destination, and as long as we keep on walking that journey, we will get where we need to be eventually.
Yeah I’m on my way too! I don’t know the path. I don’t know where I’m heading. But I know I will reach where I want to reach one day. They say if the more you walk and the happier you are, you must be on the right path. So I must feel happy!

14) Shelter (Cherry Blossom Edition)
I like this version too. Haha maybe it is because I like Chinese oldies too.

I will review it again when I have the CD (and the time). For now I shall just immersed myself in her website's melodies.

0 comments: