Latest Art Work

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Bourne Ultimatum



"Look at what they make you give"

The helplessness of an assassin can be felt throughout the entire series. From the day I watched Bourne Identity, Supremacy then Ultimatum.. I can only say one word to describe it: Groggy!

Luckily I watched the first 2 on the small screen and was not as groggy as when I watched the Ultimatum. Almost half of the Ultimatum scenes were about Jason Bourne running, avoiding and fighting away his attackers.

As for the other half of the scenes where the camera is no longer shaking, that is when I appreciate the movie. I like seeing how clever Landy is. It is as if she is the only one with brains among all the CIA officers (other than Jason but he is not considered already). When one see how she clever proved that Jason is not the source and how she found the source, one would be impressed. Imagine checking the number of people whose handphone is off during a certain time interval; confidently believe that such scenarios are rare. I guess next time one wants to betray an organization, he better keep his handphone switched on too. Towards the later part, she and Bourne once again showed their cleverness when they faked a meeting to lure Vosen. It was humorous to hear Bourne and Vosen’s conversation about face to face meeting.

I was wondering about the privacy issue of the people. Practically everybody is traceable, and there are cameras everywhere to monitor you. This is the phenomenon since Identity and it is does send a shiver down my spine knowing how easily the government can track me. The way they traced phone calls and actually picked out the word “Blackbriar” makes me wonder does government actually screen our calls all these time. Of course, it makes me think about what I’m studying too haha.

At the end, Bourne asks the assassin if he knows why he is killing Bourne. Assassin is known to kill without reason. That is why they are so useful. And when they failed, they are known to be killed too. Don’t they feel they are living in a bewildered life forever? No wonder Bourne wants it out…

0 comments: