Latest Art Work

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Ramblings from an "unconcentrated" mind

No matter how I try, it seems I am unable to concentrate.

I wanted to study, but the report keeps gnawing my mind. Then I thought of writing the report, but upon seeing it, I felt frustrated. Maybe I have writer's block, maybe I kept facing that report, and maybe I really don't know how to write it. You know, it is easier to blog than to write that report even.

And because I'm at home, I ended up doing the expected - watch shows. But I know even then, I'm unable to concentrate. Else why do I keep watching everything half way? I'm no longer the type that will keep chasing a show faithfully. I kept watching bits and pieces, unable to piece up any shows. In the end, I guess I'm as disconnected as I had started.

Then I thought of my sunrise photos. Or rather attempted sunrise photos because I did not manage to catch the sunrise in the end. That was 2 weeks ago. I decided to upload all my photos into the computer to clear the card's memory. And to look at the rubbish stuff I had taken. Then I saw these 2 photos. I had wanted to post them in another blog, but I couldn't figure out how to link them with Grass Tales' theme. So they ended up in my rambling post instead.



When I managed to capture the aeroplane, clearly, I was very happy. The previous attempts had all ended up blur. I admit, I never had a steady hand. I need to take 100 photos before I could find one that I like sufficiently. And I like this well enough to put as my desktop. I remember that morning, I had seen a lot of aeroplanes taxing into the airport. Dad was telling me the red lights and don't know what other lights. Sorry, I guess I forgot what they all meant again. I just know it was fun seeing them queuing up to land. And they just keep coming in. Dad said that's usually his busy period. Gosh!



This is the next photo I like best already because of the cloud. I always like to see the shapes of the clouds, the colours of the skies. (Oh and the rainbows that occasionally appear. Seen one last week, and it made my driving trip a happy one). This cloud reminds me of a ship. Of course it is all in my imagination only. So to me, it is a cloud ship that is embarking its journey now that sun has risen.

While blogging this entry, I am listening to a song from Shadow Hearts 2. (It is my "Howler" now.) I’m not sure if the photos caused the effect, but I was suddenly reminded of my friend’s recount of Shadow Hearts’ ending. He liked this game very much and till today, the ending of the game is deeply etched in his memory.

The main protagonist was afflicted with a curse that will slowly wipe out his memory. The ending though is quite happy in a certain sense. He chose to die and be reunited with his true love which had died long ago. He was pierced by a huge rock right through his chest. Then from the heavens, his love came down to hug his soul and they left the mortal world.

I’m not sure if the game is nice but review said the game songs were top notch haha. And this song is really very melodious.

I just hope I can find back my concentration soon. Just the other day, I had even missed my exit to head home. Thank God though that I still managed to reach home via another exit. But I had thought long and hard why I missed that exit and realised maybe it is angel’s way of answering one of my many questions. I had always wondered if I continue on instead of exiting out, will I pass by the bridge that I run.

Anyway since I started this entry with attempted sunrise photos, I shall end it with attempted sunset photos. That day, I had a strong urge to see if I can catch the sun setting. And like other evenings, all I could catch is the orange streaks. But even then, I’m satisfied already. The scenery from the bridge wasn’t exactly breath-taking. But sometimes, seeing the vehicles zoom past you gives you some things to think about.



0 comments: