Latest Art Work

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Dental & Health

Recently my classmates’ toothaches (haha 2 classmates on different Saturdays complaining of toothaches) reminded me that I have not seen my dentist for quite some times. Coincidentally I keep feeling a painful sensation inside my mouth so I thought it is best to see her too.

And she told me that some people get pressure pain in the tooth. Interesting, I never knew one could be so stress that the tooth will hurts too. She told me to ignore it and stop thinking about it, and such pain will go away. Truly, these few days, the pain is not as painful as it had been.

But I found out something more “problematic” today. Today went to the health checkup organized by HR. I did the typical height, weight, body fat, blood pressure, blood glucose and cholesterol tests. Of all the tests, the cholesterol one was the last to be told because it took 3 minutes to check my total cholesterol. And I had actually passed everything, except that haha. In fact the person had asked me, why is my cholesterol so high. The thing is I am also not sure what have caused my cholesterol level to be so high. The last time I had a check-up, I was cleared of everything leh. But I do remember the cholesterol test I did 3 years ago which break down my good cholesterol and bad cholesterol, did mention I need to monitor my cholesterol abit. But it wasn’t that bad.

Anyway I guess I have to go see a doctor to do a more detailed test to break down my good and bad cholesterol. In the meantime, I guess there is noting much to be worried about. After all high cholesterol doesn’t kill; it only estimates the risk of developing a disease, specifically heart disease.

Interestingly some drugs that are known to increase cholesterol levels including anabolic steroids, beta blockers, epinephrine, oral contraceptives and vitamin D. Hmm, guess I will only know more tomorrow after seeing the Doc. But the nurse told me to change my eating habits for 2 months... hmm a timely call that I really should just withdraw into my shell...

Source : LabTests

0 comments: