Latest Art Work

Sunday, April 22, 2007

il Mare

Site : http://www.hancinema.net/korean_movie_Il_Mare.php


Image source : http://www.hancinema.net

Image source : http://citaya.org


I had wanted to study this morning because I was too tired to do anything yesterday.. but I needed to eat the crab for breakfast haha. My parents had bought it last night but I wasn't home for dinner. So I ended up finding a movie to watch instead while feasting on the crab breakfast.. and by the time I completed the movie, I left 15 minutes which I decided to spend writing a blog on it.

When Lakehouse came out, I had wanted to watch it because of the storyline. On further investigation, I realised they remade it from il Mare actually. And my friend told me il Mare is better. I'm not sure if he is biased or what, but since I am only able to get il Mare from him, so I guess I have to settle for it haha. Anyway I always prefer to watch the original make so I'm quite happy to watch il Mare.

Actually I had wanted to watch a Jap movie but since my eyes landed upon it, so I decided to see abit of it. I ended up getting stuck to it. To me, it deals with the topic of a world with many time frames. Maybe right now, in this time frame of mine, I'm blogging about il Mare. But in another time frame, I might have succeeded in studying. I had always like this time frame topic. I think most people would like it too. Because it deals with time travel, where you can go back and re-do what you felt was a mistake, you can go back and cherish who you had lost.

Time by itself is a mystery. I had that feeling yesterday.. shall post it later if I remember.

Anyway the guy is a good cook. And I like the way the movie took shots. There was this part where it shot from the dog's view point. Suddenly the vision was only on the floor. So cute. And the dog is so adorable. Too adorable for the man though haha. Then another part where they were showing the man cooking, the focus on the food was interesting and colourful.

The female lead says there are 3 things that one cannot hide. Coughing, Poverty, Love. The more one wants to hide it, the worst it becomes. I understand what she meant. But as much as I understand, I will still try to hide my cough... habit!

The male lead says wine drinkers are loners. I wonder if it is true... hmm...

Oh ya the cruz of the story is actually the house. It is called il Mare which means The Sea in Italian. And it is a beautiful house with a stairs that can actually lead to the sea during high tide. It is also a house that does makes one feel lonely. The female lead did like another place called Coral Beach I think. Both places have beautiful sea view. The kind that I like very much. Haha maybe in another time frame, I'm living at the sea which explains why I love the sea so much. Oh and the Korean name of this movie is 時越愛 or 시월애 (Si-wol-ae)

I liked the ending very much. Interestingly, I actually cried towards the end with her. And I had thought that I would not shed any tears for this show. Because the whole show was emitting those warm fuzzy love feeling, the kind where one feels he or she is being loved at.

Oh no I'm going to be late.. shall end now... gotta go see my sea haha

0 comments: