Latest Art Work

Saturday, April 07, 2007

The Hospital

Lately for the sake of a show, I tried to learn Cantonese first. And I did that by watching The Legend of the Condor Heroes. The only thing is to keep watching an episode continuously but still unable to catch the Cantonese phrase is draining my energy.

I got so tired that in the end I spent my Good Friday, watching The Hospital, finishing 10 episodes in a day. In some sense, it really made me think. Think about politics. Think about patient’s life being used in the power struggle. Think about life and death. Think about the pain the patient is suffering. Think about the pain the family feels. Think about anesthetics. Think about euthanasia.

Every time I see the agony of the patient, I see the tears of the family, I feel so sad for them. To see the patient being made used for the power struggle, I really wonder if this is reality. I felt pained seeing a couple removing the life support of the baby and hugging the baby the first time.

I have only finished 15 episodes. I’m not sure if I will continue on. I felt helpless when I see the doctor put in 101% effort but the patient still left the world. I guess this is reality. Life and death crosses path with each other every day in the hospital.

Actually I have watched a few hospital shows, talking about doctors, about nurses, about NKF patients. Every time I feel sad watching such show. And I wonder why must there be pain to know the importance of life, the preciousness of life, the fragility of life.

Life is so fragile; I wonder how it survives the harshness of the reality. Maybe human does have a way to survive after all.

0 comments: