Latest Art Work

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Google Story


I was supposed to borrow the book, The Search in Woodlands Lib that time. But I couldn’t find it. Instead I saw this book lying on the shelf. I ended up borrowing this book instead.

It is a book about how Google started, how they came up with all the ideas be it searching, or emailing, or Adsense. The founders were actually those fun-loving types of guys who just wanted to have fun more than to work. Guess it is pure luck that their interest can bring home the bacon.

I have to admit that some parts of the book bore me and I was skipping pages. But I remember how innocent the founders were in their thoughts. They wish only to serve the public, and never thought about how to make money. It is that pure innocence that leaves me a deep impression. I can’t remember when and how did I first use Google search engine. Nor when did I start to use google this instead of search this. I just felt that google can act like a verb. It was said that in Japan, they call itグーぐる (gūguru). Interesting!

Overall it is a pretty interesting book if you really want to know how Google started out and how they hoped to overtake Microsoft and how they hope to stay good guys even though they erred at times. A nice read!

0 comments: