Latest Art Work

Monday, March 26, 2007

Mum's Love

Yesterday while on the MRT, I saw a daughter teaching her mum some English words. Besides the mother is another daughter. These 2 girls were very young. But I suppose the one teaching is the elder sister.

While traversing the picture list, the mum was pronouncing the English words. For some words, the elder daughter will correct her. For some words, she will ask the daughter how to pronounce. Then she will ask the younger daughter if she knows.

And I noticed the elder daughter sometimes show a sense of frustration while pronouncing the words. Maybe in her mind, she wonders why her mum does not know this word. Maybe she wonders why her mum is slow because she had to repeat some words a few times. Whatever thoughts went through her mind, I can only second-guess. And I was thinking of myself.

When I was young, my mum taught me. In my earliest memories, I believe she was pretty patient with me. But maybe as the years go by, she will grumble why I cannot remember. Then it comes the time where she can no longer teach me. I have to learn myself. And as the years go by, we switched roles. I had to teach her.

Frankly speaking, no matter how exasperated and impatient I was to my mum, deep in my heart, I’m actually quite proud of my mum. Because no matter how afraid she is of the computer, she still uses it frequently. Sometimes I’m quite horrible towards her. I make her switch on the computer herself, I make her try first. I don’t deny it is because I’m lazy. But through this way, at least she will get to learn. And I told her many times, if she really spoils the computer, I have a good reason to replace it.

I’m proud that my mum actually knows how to use the internet to sms. I’m proud that she learns how to trade her shares online. This is something which I don’t even do because I’m too lazy to manage my online trading account.

I’m not sure is it fate that I saw this email on a Mum’s Love. And suddenly I wondered, does she know how proud I am of her? Because all I ever did is to be short-tempered towards her, and cut her short, and get easily irritated by her questions. But beneath all these, I really do love my mum a lot. Even though half the times, I tell myself I do not want to lead her life. But I respect her and her choices in life.

Hmm… should I let her see this post?

1 comments:

Wisely said...

樹欲靜而風不息,
子欲養而親不在。

好一篇溫馨的文章。=]