Latest Art Work

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Zoo

Travel Details:
Take Bus 138 from Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange
Or Bus 927 from Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange
Or Bus 926 from Woodlands Bus Interchange (Only Sunday)


At the beginning of the year, I read an editor's new year resolution and he says that one of his resolution is to visit the zoo to see Inuka. And I thought it was a good idea. Thus I decided to borrow the zoo pass from company on 5th Feb 2007 .


Thus begin the journey to the zoo.

First stop is piggies in green...

Then is pizza time in Pizzafari.




After lunch, we started watching the real animals. It so happen it is feeding time for these animals. We never really waited for the trainers to come to feed the animals because usually there will be a crowd.

Oh the white tigers were waiting for their feeding time too. It so happen we did pass by a 2nd time and saw the trainers feeding the tigers. They have an interesting way in devouring their piece of meat. One of them actually use the tree as a tool to assist him in eating. While seeing the trainer throwing the food to the tiger, it reminds me of a scene in Madagascar where the lion was being fed and showing off for the audience to see.






The only butterfly that I managed to catch is this Tree Nymph. Pretty right! Oh it has another name called "Rice Paper".


I remember ever writing an article on the bats many years ago. Most people don't like bats because they have a mistaken perception towards bats. Actually sometimes, bats do have their lovable traits. This is a Malayan fruit bat which loves fruits a lot.


I never knew the zoo has a garden and orchid section. I believe is a new addition. And I like that corner very much. Seen lots of orchids, and lots of plants e.g. cotton, chillies, pineapple etc.







Finally the reason to my visit to the zoo... Sheba ...



and Inuka. Yeah!

Lastly, the cute little sun bear saying bye hee hee! Seeing this bear reminds me of a kit kat commercial many years ago where this bear always pretend to be sleeping when tourists are looking. But when tourists look away, it immediately wake up, do a little dance, have a kit kat, have a break! Then when the tourists came back to find the bear, it immediately went back to sleep. Naughty! This sun bear seems so cute that I think it will do such a naughty trick too haha.


I was quite happy with the visit to the zoo. Wanted to go Night Safari but it started quite late and I had to work the next day so gave up that idea. Shall ask my brother for the photos since he just went Night Safari lately haha. This visit to the zoo is quite a refreshing experience. My childhood memories of the zoo is totally different from what it is now. I can only say the zoo has changed a lot. And I'm glad I get to see Inuka before he leaves Singapore. At least I fulfilled one of my resolutions.

Related Posts
Grasstales - SZ Tales

0 comments: