Latest Art Work

Friday, February 02, 2007

Waffles and Spaghetti

I kept seeing this advertisement "Single Men are like Waffles, Single Women are like Spaghetti". The title is quite catchy. But I did not try to get the book yet because I'm not in a reading mood lately. The last time I tried the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus", I got lost still.

So why am I posting? Because I like what the author says. Or rather, I like the way the author's husband think about such things. Pam Farrel is the author and her husband is Bill, someone whom she described as brilliant and practical. Bill feels that most women tends to jump from subject to subject, interest to interest. For a man, this worries them and they wish they can fix it (the woman). But to Bill, he feels there is nothing to be worried about. He asked the guy to think of the woman's thoughts like a plate of spaghetti and that every noodle touches every other noodle. The woman is travelling through her life and thoughts and she is hooking her life to the man which is a compliment because she wants the man to know everything.

So if women "integrate" life, men "compartmentalize". Like the waffles.

While writing this post, I'm thinking about the 3 words "I Love You" and the significance it has on woman and on man. I'm wondering how does spaghetti mix with "I Love You", and how does waffle boxed up "I Love You". Does these 3 words mean differently to Man and Woman, or does it mean differently to different Man and Woman. Why is it that if you marry someone for 10 years, but she has never ever say "I Love You", you will feel sad? Maybe it has been expressed in other ways?

Suddenly I'm thinking if it is possible to cook spaghetti and put on top of the waffles. Hmm...

0 comments: