Latest Art Work

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Art Thieves?

I have not been to Mr Brown blog for a long time. Thought I decided to see what he posted lately since I saw my brother reading it a few days ago.

And I saw him mentioning about 2 flash movies on the web:
The Poor Little Rich Girl
The Little Girl

After reading the comments posted in crookedsixpence's blog, I felt sad. I'm not sure if the maker of "The Poor Little Rich Girl" had seen the flash movie of "The Little Girl". Or had they just happen to hit upon the same idea. Because creativity is really personal, and most times, timing is the only crucial factor to define what is original.

Halfway through the comments, I gave up reading. If the maker had seen crookedsixpence's artwork, they should have given it some credit. But if they were really innocent, then the comments were too hurtful. I know Asians might tend to branded copycats by many. See the bubble tea frenzy years ago. Or the number of pirated stuff China churned out. And Japan are known for taking a particular invention and improvising it to be better ten times, hundred times. But in this world, everything is a hybrid of something. Why is it after YouTube, there are google video and peekvid? Why is it after Friendster, there are MySpace and Multiply? Because the idea is good and the idea can be better. Thus people come in to improvised the idea, to make it more powerful, more user friendly. Else everybody will just be searching using Yahoo now, instead of Google.

I'm not for copying but I know that in this digital world, nothing is original. I only asked for people to give due credits to the originals.

It so happen that before I was watching these flash movies, I was flipping an IT magazine and this particular quote caught my attention.
Art is either plagiarism or revolution.
- Paul Gaugin


Anyway on the happier note, I kinda like the music in The Little Girl and the maker says she got it from this site http://incompetech.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Interestingly, my music (different compositions) appears in BOTH of the animations!

Talk about your coincidences...

- Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)

Butterflygalz said...

Hmm I can only say the 2 makers has good taste of music =D