Latest Art Work

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Stress and Boxercise

Before I begin, still remember the post on "Bright Sun", actually I wrote that for a motive. To test the cross-posting of Multiply and Blogger because I realised I finally could login the blogger account in Multiply site. Unfortunately I think there were still some unsettled issues in Blogger and the post could not cross-multiply.

Thus right now, I am actually writing this post to see if cross-multiply works because this time, Multiply managed to detect my old Blogger posts and I had "transferred" selected ones over to Multiply site successfully.

Anyway I skipped my aerobics for this week because I was taking my first paper. Maybe I had grown reliant on it even though I had only taken 3 lessons. However I felt this week is a stressful week. My first paper came and went but my second and my third paper left quite a depressing mood. When I finished my third and last paper, I actually felt very depressed.

Every since secondary school, I always make it a point never to talk shop (I meant discuss exam topics) before the exam and never to discuss the paper after exams. Because I am a known worrier. And the best way to do it is by not talking before the exam and by leaving the exam site immediately after the paper. It has been my habit for so many years. Of course there are times I will wait for my friend to take the train home etc. Suddenly thought of my secondary school days where I almost am the first one to fly out of school and my friend usually had to run down a flight of steps to catch up with me. (My school is considered to be located on top of a small hill.) Remembering how he used to stopped me seems so comical now.

Anyway after the paper, I had arranged to meet 2 friends for dinner. I had actually dragged myself there and during the journey, I kept trying to psyche myself up because I haven't met them for quite some time and don't really want them to see my depressed mood. Thus I was actually quite reticent that night. But I'm glad to go because one of my friend never fails to tell us interesting work encounters. Listening to her talk, I forgot how careless I was in my papers.

After that, I did a marathon on my taped episodes of Triumphs Over The Skies. I just kept watching to occupy my mind. By the time I ended, I'm mentally drained and just slept through a dreamless night with a resolve that I will go gym tomorrow.

Yes I guess I badly need my aerobics. So I went to attend the Boxercise class. Gosh, it was gruelling. By the time it ended, I almost could not pick myself up. I think it was 10 times worst than my aerobics classes. And it really destressed me. I was able to enjoy shopping (of course my friend helped too coz she was busying shopping with me haha). Once again I slept through a dreamless night.

Now that school has not started, I think I shall attend the boxercise class for the next 3 weeks... but first I must convince myself I will not be daunted by this tough training and that my joints are not aching. Ouch!

0 comments: