Latest Art Work

Friday, November 10, 2006

碧与艺术餐厅

《我报》 Wow! Wow! Hunt clue for today was
‘王’先生和‘白’小姐,坐在‘石头’上。

Haha, seeing this phrase brought me back 10 years ago, in a particular Chinese lesson, where my Chinese teacher Miss Lee was teaching us the word 碧. And a joke was created. A joke that left this word deeply etched in my mind.

On another column was an article about NUS Arts canteen. There have been a series of writers writing about their fond memories on this canteen. The taste of the food, the aroma of the food, the pricing of the food, the stall holder who man the stalls, the atmosphere of the canteen which makes up their memories of this canteen.

I have fond memories of the Arts canteen too, although Science canteen would really be a place I miss most because I spend more time there. I remember walking so far just to eat in Arts canteen when I’m sick of Science canteen food. I remember how we used to find Arts canteen a haven. I remember how we used to packed our dinner from Arts canteen and sneak it into the library to eat. But now the library has changed. And soon the canteen will change.

Last semester, I went back to eat in Arts canteen with my classmates a few times. But the feeling is different. This group of classmates are not from my undergraduate days. And the people I used to hang out in Arts canteen, I have lost contact with most of them.

Maybe one day, there will be an entry of me reminiscing of my memories with BizAd canteen. And I do wonder at that time, will I lose contact with my current group of classmates too?

1 comments:

Wisely said...

人有悲歡離合,月有陰晴圓缺,
此事古難全。
但願人長久,千里共嬋娟。

哈哈,所以在某程度上,“不在乎天長地久,只在乎曾經擁有”也可以是一種能夠輕松地品嘗人生的態度。

讀完這篇文章,我的感想是:享受身邊事,珍惜眼前人。歲月不留人,美好的時光稍遜即逝,要活得精彩,活得有價值,好好地把握每一分、每一秒,做你喜歡做的事,愛護你身邊的人。=]