Latest Art Work

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Death Note

1) The human whose name is written in this note shall die.
2) This note will not take effect unless the writer has the subject's face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.
3) If the cause of death is written within 40 seconds of writing the subject's name, it will happen.
4) If the cause of death is not specified, the subject will simply die of a heart attack.
5) After writing the cause of death, the details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

If you have the power to eliminate the bad guys with this tool, will you?
If you can cleanse this world of the vices, will you?

I first read the rules in i-weekly. Fascinated but thought it might be a horror show or something, I did not consider watching it. The next time I heard it is from a friend who told me the gist of Part 1. I was curious to know how L will try to outsmart Light. When my brother told me the show is good, I decided shall try it. And I was not disappointed.

Mainly it deals with something that I thought about before :
Does vices exists for us to know the virtues?
Does power corrupts?

If I have the chance to play God, will I eradicate the criminals?
Will I want to play God?

1 comments:

Wisely said...

Hmm the last two questions in this entry remind me of a book I like very much. Its name is "Learning to Play God" by Robert Marion MD.

I guess this is his first book so it's quite old. =]