Latest Art Work

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

小土- 笨猪 and Pain

小土 is a columnist in i-weekly. From the description, this author is in France currently and writes short articles..

The first time I chanced upon his article was an article on 笨猪. He says that in France, people like to greet each other 笨猪 every morning. Everywhere you go, strangers will just greet you 笨猪 with a smile. Not like Singapore, nobody bothers to even smile at you while you do your morning jog. And he recountered an interesting encounter with a little girl where he and his friend were thinking if they should greet 笨猪 to the little girl first. In the end, the little girl greeted them first, and the 2 guys feel so embarassed to have let the little girl beat them to it.

FYI 笨猪 = Bonjour!

Today I happen to saw his article again. This time is on Pain. No Pain No Gain. Le Pain is Bread in french. This article has 2 parts, maybe will see the 2nd part next week. He talks about how much effort is needed to make bread in the past and that while he was holidaying, he and his friends were eating bread daily to save money. From loving the crispiness of bread till hating the tasteless of bread after eating it daily, it shows a cycle of the love we have with bread. Indeed when I'm young, I used to eat bread daily. Ok even now I still eat bread daily. But as we grow up, we get tired of bread, or at least I got tired of bread. There are times I will just tell mummy, can I don't eat bread. And she will ask me to check if got cereals, biscuits etc. But most of the time, I end up eating bread for breakfast because at the end, bread is still the best!

1 comments:

Wisely said...

Hahaha will comment on the bread part 1st before your 笨猪.

Well you mum is nice, haha my 母親大人 will always say the following when i say the same thing you said....

"You very troublesome leh, your uncle T everyday eat bread his wife prepare for him, never complain for so many years"

Then i reply,

"Aiyah if my lover makes me bread everyday, even if it tastes like crap i will also happily eat one!"

Then she will say,

"Alrite you have only 2 choices, either EAT it or next time make your own breakfast!"

Haha sigh... anyways back to the french word, heehee can show off abit cos in canada, both english and french are official languages. The word should be pronounce as "Bond-Zure", with emphasis on the B sound and the Z sound. =)